or Connect

Posts by drblank

35% growth rate is unsustainable?  Well, it depends on how you look at it.  The way they've been going, yeah, but they haven't really done anything to increase any markets with new product introductions for existing markets or for new markets.  They aren't doing anything to go after the Enterprise market, they haven't released any larger screen phone models, and they haven't been able to prove how they monetize what they are doing with the auto industry, and they haven't...
An unlocked S4 is $250?  I see them on Amazon for unlocked S4's for about $420 for international version with 16GB w/o warranty.Yeah, the ~5inch iPhone 6 will sell like hotcakes.  I'll be one of the first in line for one since my iPhone 4 is over two years old.  I think it might sell a good 75 Million, and then an upgraded 6S to replace the 5S will still sell well, and then a 5.5 will sell OK, but that's a smaller market.  I think they might as well pump one out because...
The problem with mixing platforms is the products don't always work well together, which is important to a lot of users.   Example.  If I have my desktop/laptop, iPhone, iPad when i have ANY issues on any combination, I have one phone number to call and they help me.  If my computer was a Wintel, my phone was an Android and i had an iPad, I would be, as they say SCREWED, GLUED and TATTOOED.  It's a LOT harder for one company to help resolve issues when you have two or...
I'm not familiar with Handbrake. I'll do some reading on it.  But in general, it would greatly help Apple separate themselves from the rest of the industry by refreshing products with internal 24 bit dacs and getting a high quality AAC 24 content on iTunes.  It would take Apple about 3 years to fully refresh everything and that would help in all aspects including iTunes sales.  Right now, I buy content either the 16 bit CD and rip it to the computer or I am buying 24 bit...
I'm not comparing qtrs to each other in the same fiscal year.  I compare year to year quarter to quarter.  But I think they should not put all of their eggs in one quarter.  It's cramps up production.  When Apple announces a new product, during the following 6 months is their best sales for that product and then it tapers off.  So what's happening is they are pushing their announcements to the end of the year, which helps their December quarter and flows into the March...
Wall Street and Investors.  If Wall Street and Investors don't see at least a 30 to 35% growth rate with good margins, then they won't put BUY recommendations to help kick the stock price up.   When an investor invests in a company, they want to see growth.  20% with slightly smaller margins doesn't attract a lot of investors.  I'm just simply talking about what they NEED to do to kick that stock price back into gear so it will see $700 a share or higher within the next...
On some levels Wall Street isn't clueless, on some levels they are.  But there are plenty of areas Apple can go after that they would increase their gross sales and profits.  Relying solely on iPhones isn't the best way to do it. That's 1/2 of their revenue is from iPhones.  They need to do the same business and more by introducing larger screen models with the current 4inch and grow it that way, with increasing their production levels so they can get up to over 400...
So, how is Apple going to increase sales/profits by 30 to 35% annual growth rate for the next 5 to 10 years CONSISTENTLY?  Please explain how that could be done?   That's why the share price isn't as high as some were expecting.   A MacMini is a very LOW end iMac.  Look at the processors, the amount of RAM, speed of SSD, ports on the back, video, Sorry, the MacMini, even by last year's iMac was not even close to an iMac.  MacMinis are 2 core, not 4 core and they aren't as...
A lot of companies degrade over time.  Many times because the original founders aren't involved anymore.  Look at HP.  They used to have rock solid built products that were more expensive and they normally catered to people with a more engineering background.  ALL of their products used to use gold plated motherboards, top quality parts, etc.  But then the founders retired, they got a new CEO that was a schmuck and then HP split off into two companies and one kept the...
Having been involved with the personal computer industry as long as I have, I see a great benefit in sticking with a quality brand/platform because every company does business differently and I don't want to go through that learning curve of having to learn another platform that I already know ahead of time doesn't have the same level of customer service and tech support which we do need from time to time when it comes to technology based products. Apple's learning curve...