or Connect

Posts by drblank

Actually for the most part, Apple did pretty well even though there was a market correction.  For a period they were actually more immune to it, I don't know how much they are now, but it is something to be aware of definitely. I personally always liked long term companies, but the good thing about Apple is the higher dividends.  Personally, if I owned shares, I would probably just do dividend reinvestments and hang on to it for 10 years or so.  There's nothing wrong with...
Stock splits are great if the company is in high growth and you are a long term holding on to the stock a good 5, 10, 15 years.  I did that with Microsoft back in 86 when they went public.  I didn't have much money, but I invested a few thousand, I didn't touch the stock for at least 10 years and that stock was 2/1 splits about every year to year 1/2 and I ended up making a LOT of money from that small investment. And I ended up selling enough to recoup my original...
 And? Who are you? Well, maybe I should just block you for now on, so we are even.  That works for me!
 Wait until the stock actually splits and let's see what the price is then.  This is just going up because of the outrageous news, but there is a lot of hype, misinformation and people get into these buying frenzy and then someone figures it out and dumps stock to push it down so they can buy it back at a low point.  What out for large ups and downs in a stock price.  What goes up, does come down, just be aware of it so you get all depressed because it did what you didn't...
What's more important to me is how much is the average person buying and is that average going up, down, or staying the same.  Facebook has 1 Billion active users, but they don't make $hit.  I like hard number that I can quantify the buying potential moving forward as the number of active users is fluff, I can't derive any earnings from it.  Now if they said at the beginning of the quarter they averaged $500 a user in purchases and at the end of the quarter, they average...
No, it's based on WHAT THEY DID IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS.  As you can plainly see, they hardly make any earnings and the price is rather high in comparison, and for most NORMAL people,t his would be GROSSLY overvalued, but for some reason, people think that this is great stock buy because it always trades at a very high P/E, but I personally wouldn't risk investing in this stock at that high of a P/E ratio.  When the .com thing started, there were a LOT of companies that were...
PE is solely based on the current stock price divided by the last 12 months of earnings.  Please, go take some courses in investments and once you get an A in it, then talk to me.Analayst make all kinds of predictions in their spreadsheets, but they are using historical data, looking at trend lines, earnings from PAST history, all kinds of statistics and they also gather guidance from the company they are following, but it's VERY rare for even a company to know much more...
Where did you come up with stuff?   Seriously.  Where did you READ this? Please cite your source.  
 http://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/price-earningsratio.asp Where do you get informed about P/E ratio?  It's based on CURRENT stock price and the combination of the last 12 months of earnings.  PERIOD.  
Here's what I don't get.   There have been articles mentioning how Apple is starting production of the iPhone 6 and then journalist are now saying they are going to release it in Sept.  What the heck would Apple start production of a product to fill up warehouses 5 months ahead of time sitting on inventory?  That makes NO SENSE.  That would look bad from an inventory perspective.   If Apple is, in fact, starting production of these suckers, then it would make sense that...