or Connect

Posts by drblank

That's nice. I'm sure Microsoft wants Apple to do the same thing. Is it too much trouble to change the default search engine? It only takes 2 seconds. I think what they should do is use all three and filter out the repeat sites.
Apple can't dictate if they will give only 24/96, that's dependent on the record label.  At HD Tracks, they have whatever the label gives them, so it ranges from 44.1 to 192, so far.  Some albums, they will just give 24/44.1, but some they'll give you at least one or two choices and it's up to the record label. I think they will have to increase the file size limit.  All iTunes Match actually does is it backs up the data from your hard drive, as long as it's less than...
I guess it's what the record labels will allow.  Apple is just the middleman when it comes to content. I wish I could just $99 a year and download whatever I wanted.  B&W has that, but they only have about 25 albums in their collection and they add a couple every month.   :-)  But it would be cool just to pay $99 for anything off of iTunes, regardless of bit and format.  :-)  I'm sure the world's bandwidth, Apple's own bandwidth, etc. will get choked unit everyone has...
What do you mean by not charging us for files it already has in it's hands?
It will be interesting when everything (computers, iDevices, airports) get 802.11ac AND 24 bit.
 Yeah, iTunes Match has a file size limitation. I forget what it is off the top of my head, I think it's around 200MB file and 24/96 or higher can easily surpass that amount.  But I think that would be cool if we could get it to be free if we have iTunes Match..   iTunes Match is a great service.  I didn't think it was going to be that good, but it is. I just think they need to increase the file size limitations.  I buy off of HD Tracks and others as well, so I know what...
The whole issue is ultimately up to the record labels.  They kind of dictate the ultimately price. I don't think Apple or the record labels are just going to give previous content owners free update to 24 bit.  Just a gut feeling.  Apple only wants a 30% of gross margin so they can get $.05 per dollar sold.  I agree it would be nice, but I doubt it. What I believe they SHOULD do is as follows:   Original analog recording should be converted to 24 Bit and charge the...
"Repeating something false doesn't make it true" Uh, people do that all of the time as a means of brainwashing.  If you say something (whether it's true or false) people eventually THINK it's true, even though it isn't with enough repetition.  Remember Bush's "read my lips"?  His quote was repeated tons of times enough to convince people to vote for him, even though it turned out not to be true.      People are easily manipulated with repetition. Lots of institutions rely...
NEEDING?  Who NEEDS a cell phone in the first place?  Most phone calls are meaningless and superficial to begin with, unless you are a traveling professional on business, or for an emergency.    I remember back in the 90's when the most in depth conversations on a cell phone were asking each other "can you here me now?" since cell reception sucked.   But not many people actually NEED a cell phone, let alone a smartphone.  I purposely don't carry mine around on occasion to...
Samsung charges more, or at least has had higher MSRP for the larger screen models in the past and I think Samsung has to give them away because they aren't 64 bit when a lot of people know Apple's getting ready to release their larger screen models.What might be a feature, due to the rumors of iTunes going 24 bit, maybe they'll stick in a 24 bit DAC for better audio. Anything is possible, But I would think Apple is going to increase the RAM, I think it's time they did.