or Connect

Posts by drblank

I would probably say in the thousands.  Just my personal gut feeling.  Remember, there was a huge pent up demand for them.  I don't think the production is 24/7, because I think it's a lot with the number of processors they can get. In my travels, when a new top end processor gets announced from Intel, it's been historically the processor yields that hold everything up.
Kids, automatically, take on role models.  Some are good and some aren't.  I think anyone that's old enough to have gone through high school can relate to this.  It's just who society, the entertainment industry, etc.  promotes. What happens is that kids latch on to people that are famous.  Kids know who all of the famous celebrities are in the music, sports, and TV/Movie industries because they are promoted all of the time through the marketing of their products and they...
 I don't buy to music that has rapping in it.  When I hear it, I automatically cringe and turn on something else.  I never said it's rarely forming societies.  But in this case, the Rap/Hip Hop mentality is creating a sub culture within our society,  they make up their own language and the ignore rules as much as possible, even when it just comes to common decency. The problem with the music industry is that SOME people have been trying to legitimize rap by getting what...
 You didn't have a case in the first place. I think it would be hilarious is Apple didn't buy Beats, went to Monster to help them design and mfg a line of headphones (spending only a few million) and then replacing all of the Beats headphones in all of the Apple Stores, then marketing them and then watching Beats headphone sales drop like a rock and Apple headphones outsell Beats headphones and Dr. Dre ends up broke. And while that's happening, Apple starts their own...
 For industry professionals, the price is not the primary consideration. I've sold high end systems to corp customers that had their own in- house production and their attitude is "What's the most expensive model, fully loaded, etc. Etc. And I'll take two or three or more just so we have enough to use as backup." It's almost the opposite of what wanting the least expensive computer, they want the best and most expensive. I used to sell to software developers that were...
Do you use Apple products?  Well, some of the features in Apple products were a direct result of me sending Jobs some emails suggesting certain features be put into it, but I'm not going to tell you which ones, because I'm not seeing this as who can piss longer. I can formulate my own idea of who to look up to and who not to.  Dr. Dre and Iovine are not who I would look up to as a role model in the music industry.  There are plenty of others that deserve that more than...
 Just because it exists doesn't mean it should be a part of our society and put on a pedestal like its' the best thing since sliced bread. It's not created by musicians which to me, being a musician, is what SHOULD be promote by the music industry. I don't promote the use of vulgar language in music, I don't promote the listening of buying 'music" that's created by people that can't play a musical instrument, nor do I promote people to call woman the B word or people the N...
If Apple wants to go after the headphone market they have different options. One is to buy another company, which in this case is Beats. The  other method is buying another company for a lot less money, OR doing it themselves by just hiring their own engineers and finding someone to make them. Now, if you talk to the crowd of people that want the best sounding headphones, Beats isn't the brand they prefer.  The brands they prefer are more expensive and they are better...
There wasn't any sarcasm involved in this.  It's just the facts about this industry. Apple created iTunes which is the most successful digital download service.  They just haven't gone after the subscription service.  If they want to, it's just getting the contracts to pay the same rate everyone else does, making the changes to the software and then doing some advertising, but they don't need either of these two to do it.Headphones, same thing. They can easily capture a...
The only reason why Apple would hire those two numbskulls is because it's part of the buyout deal. Apple may have delayed the deal because MAYBE they don't want them as they don't really NEED them, but if they want to buy INTO the headphone business and destroy the Beats name, then they have to pony up the money to do it. but maybe Dr. Dre's little drunken video stunt proved to Apple that they may not want Dr. Dre part of their business because that's not what Apple stands...