or Connect

Posts by drblank

I think Samsung needs to change their way of doing business.  I think they make too many different models of smartphones.  I wish they would get out of the finished goods aspect and just be a really good component supplier and quit trying to control the entire industry by doing both.
First thing, know the subject before you make a statement. Then bring up valid reasons to back up your statement.  Have you ever gone to college and taken a critical thinking course?  If not, then maybe you should.  A lot of the things you are posting really show not much expertise in the subject matter for which you are commenting on. I'm all for different points of view, as long as they have some validity to them. I've never thought that Apple was always perfect in...
Apple has their iPhone releases in the last month of the quarter and they usually have to wait a little until they ship and they only have so much they can produce and ship during basically a two week period.  When does Samsung announce the product and ship the product?  Samsung announced the S4 in April, which is the beginning of the quarter and then ships in May, which still has well over a month, almost 2 months of sales for that quarter and Apple usually has a couple...
Obviously, you don't know how Apple sales and product announcement coincide and how Samsung's product announcements and sales coincide. What REALLY happened was building up pent up demand as people started holding off on purchases because there's a ton of product information regarding the next major product release.  And Apple outdid their previous year's weekend product release in terms of sales.  So, when has Samsung had record first weekend sales like Apple?  Anyone...
I know this is off topic, but how many of the Google Glass people that wasted their money on them actually STILL use them daily?  I've heard a peep from anyone talking about long term usage or have seen any recent rumblings from Sergy Brin on his little Glass project.  Whatever happened to that overhyped POS anyway? And how come we don't see Eric Schmidt and Larry Page waltzing around with those things on their heads?  Don't they eat their own dog food? Apparently not....
Here is a list of the things that the PC and Android mfg have done over the past few years that Apple hasn't. 1.  Write down $1 Billion because of a product bombing.2.  Resign due to lousy profits and sales.3.  Have a "crisis awareness" meeting with several hundred employees.4.  Get stuck owing a company they copied $1 Billion.5.  Had to start selling 3 different platforms of Operating Systems (Android, Windows, Chromebooks) just to get sales because the way they've been...
1.  Tim Cook is running Apple pretty much the way they've been running the company when it was under Jobs and others.  they make their own hardware, OS, apps, etc. and they design it to work together as well as they can with other products they make.  When a company comes out with a new and successful product like the iPad or the iPhone, etc.  they always come out with incremental enhancements to further improve the initial product and along the way it gets case redesigns....
How old are you?  Do you have a college degree in business?  What's your work experience?  What's your experience working in the corporate world?You sound like someone that doesn't know how things work. Why don't you give me a couple of specific examples rather than generalities, you almost sound like someone without any validity to your statements. And when you explain how Apple does things, explain how each of the others do it.  Maybe I can shed some light to explain...
Rik talks about a lot of different things in that article.  Some of it doesn't make sense.  He talks about M-PCIe and three "gears".  And the speeds he's talking about are 1.x Gbps, which isn't that fast.  I don't know what the final end result will be and neither does the author.  One thing about specs for stuff, is that it might actually end up for uses that aren't even related to computers that we use, it might be some other purpose that's more for something completely...
There was mention of optical/copper cables as well.  They also mentioned SERVERS, not desktops/laptops.  There are other things like daisy chain able that weren't mentioned. Seriously, if you are evaluating a product like this and worrying about the price of a cable, then you probably can't afford it.  Cables are the least of your worries. Trust me, the cheap USB cables out there are usually POS.  They typically aren't well shielded. If I was going to spend thousands of...