or Connect

Posts by drblank

What are you talking about?  If Apple NEEDED celebrities to help market their product, I think that Apple would get a variety of different well respected people from different facets of the industry to help market their products.  But Apple has only used a few celebrities to help market their products in the past, but they can EASILY get top name celebrities to market a line of headphones or a subscription service if they want to go with the "monkey see, monkey do"...
 I can read various information about Beats and the music industry. Yet you make statements about the value of the intangibles of Beats, yet you don't even list what these intangibles are. I know enough about the Company and the people behind it to formulate my own decisions on whether it's a deal Apple should or needs to do or not and if they are paying a reasonable amount of money for them.  I personally don't think they should enter the deal, but it maybe too late for...
On World Class's 2  albums, he's credited with drum programming and voice. So what are you talking about he wasn't a rapper?   He went on to join MWA which was credited as producing, but he also wrote the lyrics and performed on their albums as well.  So, was producing as well as rapping and writing the disgusting lyrics.   Read the lyrics of the songs he produces.  It's pure garbage.
Me being arrogant?  How about you try not to be so ignorant?  Maybe that's the REAL problem. You sound like you buy into the hype of Beats/Iovine and Dr. Dre.  I don't.  I don't have much respect for them other than they were successful at marketing some crappy headphones to a bunch of kids that don't really listen to music that's created by real musical instruments.  Most of today's pop music the kids are listening aren't generated by recording musical instruments, but...
Intangibles?  Like what specifically?  Dr. Dre produces rap music, and? That's a niche in the entire music industry. Iovine has certain credentials, and only has so much power in the industry.  I don't consider anyone that spends time as a mentor on American Idol to be someone that is anything more than just going after young, innocent and naive kids trying to make it in the pop industry.  BFD. so Iovine caters to teenage girls market that's looking for their next American...
Actually, the cables that Monster got famous for were based on patents they licensed from a person by the name of Bruce Brisson of MIT Cables, he's the actual brains behind the original Monster cables that Monster got their name and reputation, Lee just marketed the heck out of them to the higher end audio crowd and then he ventured off into other products and markets.  Here's MIT Cables History.  I've met Bruce Brisson and talked with him for about an hour many years ago....
 I've read Billboard magazine since a LONG time ago. It's actually a very thin publication and not much in it except the latest charts on what's songs/albums get the most play/sales. It's not an in depth magazine by any stretch of the imagination on the inner workings of the music industry. Go pick up a copy and read it.
 Billboard? They don't normally hire people with a Finance background with regards to their journalists that write stories.   In order to put a valuation on a company that's privately held, you have to know what their gross sales, net profits, debt, what value you put on their IP, how much cash they have, long term/short term investments, etc. etc.   This stuff is not publicly released.  So how COULD they know what Beats is worth.. All Billboard really tracks is what...
 Actually Joe Consumer inherently knows that Moore's Law exists, they may not know it by that term, but if you talk to someone, they already know that what will be coming out next year and the year after next for the same amount of money will be faster, bigger this, more of that, etc. etc. I talked to someone that has basically no computer background whatsoever, he had just bought an iPhone 5 about 6 months after it was announced, he read about the iPhone 5S and he...