or Connect

Posts by drblank

I never really agreed with the concept of keeping your enemies closer BS that a lot of people THINK is how to do business. If you bring the enemies too close, they'll screw you over, that's why they are called enemies.It's hard for some of these CEOs to figure out who the enemies are, especially since they'll lie to you because they are ENEMIES, you just have to realize it BEFORE it's too late.
 Um, Moore's Law is at work just like inflation. Consumers don't factor anything other than what they can afford and what they need and hopefully they buy within their budget and it does what they need. Moore's law is in effect until Moore's Law ceases to hold up, but it's always at work with technology.  Every year, things get better as that price/peformance ratio is changing.  A brand new $3000 computer set up today is better than what was available 2 years ago for...
Then you have to factor in Moore's Law with regards to technology. I think the modern OSs for MOST people are reaching a point where MOST people can easily do what they need to do with 4GB to 8GB of RAM.  The only reason why I have 16GB on my computer is that I'm running high end music players that plays 24 bit content and it stores the music in RAM as a buffer and I sometimes load about 9GB of RAM.  It I didn't use that app, I wouldn't need much more than 4GB of RAM for...
 Probably 99% of the reason.
 1. OK, 10 Million paid subscribers.  The thing that EVERYONE seems to NOT talk about is PROFITS.  How much NET PROFIT ARE THEY MAKING?  Until we actually know if they are actually making a DECENT Net Profit on Gross Sales, then it's not a PROFITABLE business. How would you like to be in business making $1 Trillion in gross sales, but not making any profit.  What happens when you don't make any profits?   What TYPICALLY happens to businesses when they don't make any...
1. OK, so Spotify has 2.5 million paid users paying $10 a month. That's about $300 Million a year GROSS REVENUE. What's their Net Profit? Are they even making a profit? If so, how much? How much does iTunes store make in Gross Revenue? I just read that Apple iTunes has about $2.4 Billion in revenue for the Q1 of '14. So, they are raking in around $10Billion a year from iTunes. Now, if Apple buys Beats, they will probably roll Beats Music into iTunes and therefor...
obviously its a case of not being able to make them as fast as people want them.  :-) No one really knows how many are being made outside of Intel and Apple, but typically it takes Intel a few months to get their production levels up to speed with new high end processors.  Intel's done this before because the yields of these higher end processors just aren't that great in the beginning.  To make one is easy, to make them by the hundreds of thousands isn't.
 I'm sure they've screwed around with it at some point, but probably ditched it because they realized making a Google Glass type product was foolish and wouldn't become a big enough to bother with it.
1.   How many PAID subscription holders on Spotify are there?  About 1 Million.  How many active iTunes account holders are there?   800 Million.If Spotify is charging about $10 a month, and Apple has people buying more than $120 a year on iTunes, it's going to take a VERY long time until Spotify makes even a 5% dent in Apple.  Remember, Apple is STILL growing the number of iTunes accounts as they are opening up new markets and more people are switching to Apple.  Having...
Apple's not trying to make smart glasses that I'm aware of.  They've made no mention of even wanting to make one. Apple is working on their smart watch and it's probably because they want to incorporate technology that hasn't been seen yet, by anyone.  Apple has been hiring various people from various industries to assist and maybe they want it to do things no one has available.  They have to design the hardware/internal components, OS, applications and this all takes...