or Connect

Posts by drblank

Are you sure w/o most of the cost? They made no mention of the cost in that article you mentioned.  or are you referring to the licensing cost?  Licensing cost is the least of the worries.  I think this is mostly for servers anyway.  At least that's what I read in the article upon a quick scan. One can already get TB PCI slot chassis with and without RAID and some are upgradable to TB 2. Check out NetStor.  
Well, you are doing a great job at confusing others and in turn, you are confused on your own without anyone else's help. Seriously, if i need to know more than I currently do, I won't be asking you because you aren't reliable enough for me  to be considered a reliable source of information. If you want to pass on the existence of HSA to others, that's fine, but until there is some formal announcement that's directly related to Apple, then you might be confusing people.  ...
I think you are playing mental masturbation and I'm not interested in playing that game with you. You are on your own. Please stop replying as I will NOT read any of what you are saying because you aren't saying anything that I think is important enough or relevant enough to discuss it.  Some of your posts don't even make any sense or logic to it.  Seriously, don't worry about it.  You'll probably be much better off not to know.  Let's the engineers that are paid to figure...
Judging by his completely ignorant statements, he's probably just sits in front of his Xbox and that's where he gets all of his information. Or he's still running XP and that filters out anything relevant to news over the past 8 years, so he's getting bad information from a long time ago that isn't relevant.  
Well, I don't know of MacLife really understands how TB and TB 2 are still better for USB 3.1.  For Joe Blow consumer, they are usually into whatever is the cheapest, but pros are usually interested in what's the best.  TB and TB2 are better than USB3.1.  So, go enjoy your cheap solution late next year, because that's about the soonest you'll see USB 3.1 products coming out.
IBooks is an actual solution to give the student a media rich experience for reading text books.  Nothing like it exists on the Windows that I know of.  Obviously, you haven't used an iBook version of a text book. Apple has always done a very good job in the Educational market and maybe they just don't like Windows and having a stylus isn't really a solution, it's just another input device option.  Maybe these schools don't want to use some clone device.  Some people see...
Obviously, you haven't noticed, but Windows 8 sucks.  it's not well accepted in the world.  It has less than 10% market acceptance within the Windows installed base after 1 year. Those are horrible numbers for Microsoft.    Get a clue, Windows 8 sucks.  That's why iPads are kicking them senseless.  Maybe you need to talk to several of the various school districts and ask them why they are using iPads and I'm sure they can show you their evaluation criteria. 
A lot of the schools and colleges are implementing iBooks.  If you want to use a stylus, which only a small portion of people actually do, you can use a stylus with an iPad.   There are lots of educational titles already on iOS.  X86 based computers are much more involved from an administration standpoint and the iPads are VERY easy to administrate, that's why they are buying them by the tens of thousands.  But I don't think there are many schools that use stylus', but if...
Tim Cook only worked at Compaq for like 6 months as VP of Corporate Materials. for most large companies, that's about how long it takes to know where the bathrooms are.  That's not a long time with a company.  He was actually with IBM Personal Computer as Director of North American Fulfillment for 12 years.  That's plenty of time getting acclimated to a large corporation, knowing where the bathrooms are and really knowing the industry. What's actually more to it was that...
I tried google Chrome and hated it. I took it off my system and it took me a couple of days to figure out all of little tiny pieces of code it puts in various places in the OS, it's like baby written MS code if you ask me. I use safari and it works just fine! every once in a while I might use Firefox because some website that well written, but so far, I really don't have any problems with safari and it's plenty fast enough and actually works better for certain sites. ...