or Connect

Posts by drblank

Yeah, I know drugs was popular in the music culture, but you didn't see them degrade women, talk about killing cops, and the other vulgar stuff that the Dr. Dre's of the world promote.  Plus,, these guys were produced by someone with a classical training, they enjoyed bringing Indian culture into music that was a combination of blues, some folk, etc. so they used the drugs initially to see how it would assist in their creativity.  yeah, i get it.  But some of them I think...
so where did I say I only like classical music, etc.? or that's the only two classes? You really need to go to school and get your reading comprehension up to speed.  How old are you and what educational level do you currently have? I'm curious, at least it will give me a better understanding of what I'm dealing with.
Whatever.  You are talking about exceptions, not the norm. I don't know of too many classically trained musicians that perform in concerts with rappers. It's not the norm.  It's the exception and it's not what's the most popular rap.I think you are just deciding to be ignorant about this and just coughing up excuses for your ignorance.  Too bad.  Oh well, that's not my problem.  That's your problem.
I know, some of these companies don't have the best marketing or they just don't market to the masses. The difference I see in open vs closed is if one is listening for enjoyment and/or professional use. Open back are more for enjoyment in a quiet area and closed back more for studio when you really have to focus and be isolated. The reason why I want a pair is to analyze the different audio files and I am going to be playing around with eq, etc., and I just want to...
If it degrades the music industry and our society, then I stand up and tell the truth.  It is what it is.  Deal with it.  LEARN what is positive for our society and what isn't. Who appointed you? You don't even have any background in playing music, do you?  So, how could you possible be a good judge of music?  Because it's on the radio? Jungmark, some of us just simply aren't easily brainwashed by marketing hype.  Obviously you think Tim Cook or Eddy Cue know everything...
WEll, some of use go to school and colleges to learn how to listen and appreciate music, some of it comes from home, friends, other musicians, music teachers.  So you have a basic understanding of what music is if you don't study music and various music genres that have musical theory behind it to actually understand what music really is. Classical and jazz music doesn't get much radio play.Think of it this way, the pop music is generally listened to by teenagers and young...
Here's the thing.  there are people in the music industry that are seen as the Leaders, the Top experts, etc.   Dr. Dre is a leading expert in the rap/hip hop, but that's not the only type of music.  And it doesn't have a lot of musicianship behind it.  Iovine caters to a slightly larger group but i quite frankly didn't know who he was until American Idol because I watch the show just to gauge what kind of talent or lack of that's coming out amongst the kids of today. Now,...
So do nursery rhymes. But music has both rhythm and melody, etc. etc.  Go hum the melody line of a rap song and you basically get kind of a kindergarten nursery rhyme.  Kind of immature childish c-rap.  Just saying.........You don't need to post the videos, we got your point.  They are thug mentality pushing c-rap on the unsuspecting children that will most likely end up with dead end jobs, in/out of prison, etc. etc.   Just saying........... Well, if our school systems...
Yeah, Eddy wasn't that bad last WWDC, but i see your point.   Eddy isn't nearly as good as Craig.  I like Craig, even though he can bring up some cliche presentation skills, I think he at least has a little sense of humor when he does it.  Angela, simply outclasses all of them in terms of professionalism.  She's just got that down pat.  I can see why Iovine is impressed by her. She's got more education and class than that guy will ever have and he's probably a little...
Pono I see as a mass merchandised lower end version of the Astell  & Kern players. Most of what Pono gets is 16 Bit because that's the majority.  The AK products are actually better and more expensive than the Ponos.   But Apple is supposed be releasing 24 Bit content for download next week is what I've read at several Audiophile magazines.  Audiostream mentioned this only a week or two ago on their site several times. How long its going to take for streaming, I don't...