or Connect

Posts by drblank

I understand. I haven't heard or compared the Beyer to the other high end models.  But I've run into various high end audio mfg that make super expensive equipment and they do a lot of critical listening to their prototypes on HD800's.   All of the people that I know that have heard those say they are the most detailed. but the new Audeze are getting more detailed, but they use planar instead of a typical driver.  Beyer has been known to make some decent products, but I...
I didn't dig it.   I tried it, I hated it, and i'm not going to use it.   I'm not comparing to Spotify, which I also don't use. And likers are going to like.  
Huh? What are you talking about?
Well, here's my take. 1.   I don't know how much Beats has in terms of CASH.2.   I don't know how much Beats has in terms of Net Profits from the combined efforts.3.   I do know that MOST companies that make a product like Beats headphones are probably running between 10 and 20% Net Profit to Gross Sales is a pretty close spread.  Obviously, the margins increase if Apple owns Beats since they sell the products in their own stores because they instantly make more money.4....
Here's one thing I know, there is a chart about listening to loud music for certain durations.  Once the music starts hitting over 85dB continuously, it starts to cause more permanent damage.  That's why I don't normally listen through earphones.  The biggest challenge is trying to figure out what dB you're listening to when listening through earbuds and headphones, which I honestly don't know if anyone has figured that one out.  At least, I don't know of any off the top...
You buy the same earbuds the PROFESSIONALS use.  Check out the plethora of custom molded earbuds. Ultimate Ears has some and they have  something like up to 5 or 6 drivers inside.  They insane, but they and other brand are used by probably 75% of the top professionals.  So you could wear the exact same pair that Justin Bieber or your favorite celebrity uses.   LOL... it's all about whatever floats you boat.  The custom models kick butt, but they aren't cheap.  I think they...
As long as Iovine and Dre are involved with this, I don't think the sound quality is going to change.  They obviously like the sound quality of artificial bass because their hearing is messed up due to the type of music and the way they engineer the music of what they do.  Thank God, there are plenty of other companies that make better sounding headphones.  too bad Apple just wasted $3 Billion on this.  Now, if the headphones were the best sounding in the world and they...
 I know.  I tried Spotify. I wasn't impressed with the sound quality.  I also didn't like the UI, it was a little weird when I tried it.  I know it's changed since, but I just like having my own personal collection and I am finding a lot of YouTube videos of music that I can listen to the entire album or single tracks any time I want to and it's free.  The only unfortunate thing is sometimes they don't sound very good at all, but i'm actually surprised.  There are some...
Yeah, I should have removed the K.  Yeah, I know $3000 is a lot for kids.  I look at it this way, how many people drop $3000 on drugs or drinking alcohol or waste that much on something in the course of a year or two?   Why not give up some guilty pleasures for a year or so to invest in something that really will last you a lot longer period of time for you to enjoy.   If you can't afford it now, at least listen to a pair just to see what they sound like and it gives you a...
How am I stifling rap? I just don't consider most of it all that musical. I also don't want two individuals that work for record labels that started their own music subscription service so they could double dip not be part of Apple. What Dr. Dre represents is NOT American Black culture, it's gang cluture. That's the type of rap he creates and produces. Iovine isn't as bad as Dre, but I feel he stifles REAL music in favor of kiddie pop music, which is largely what he...