or Connect

Posts by drblank

Getting good headphones for under $1000 is difficult. I'm actually saving up for a pair of HD800's myself, but I know a lot of people are liking the Audezes, Ultrasone Edition 10's, Grado, Stax, Fostex TH900's, and other ultra high end models. The problem is making something that's really accurate and affordable.  It's just very difficult to do due to material, parts and labor costs to mfg high end products.  They just can't spit them out like mass marketed products and...
 I just checked out Beats Music just to see what the big deal is all about. It's God awful.  If that's what Cook wanted to spend $3 Billion, then he's going to have to spend another $3 Billion cleaning it up.  It's HORRIBLE. What a complete waste of money.   I'm now waiting for WWDC to see what the response is when they bring these idiots on stage.  If there is a negative reaction from the crowd, it's going to be a PR nightmare.
Excuses, excuses, excuses,  Sounds like you have been brainwashed, the only way out is going to a rehab center.  Unfortunately, the only rehab centers for this only what you force yourself to go through.  How about simply "turning that crap off".  You would be amazed if you took a break from TV, movies, internet and then ONLY listened to music and only hung around people that don't listen to rap/hip hop.   Take a break from it, forever.  If you can't do it, then you have,...
 I've seen plenty of people running around with several Android phones at the same time. probably because the battery life sucked is my guess. But I've only had one cell phone at any given time. But I've run into people running around with two and sometime three phones at the same time.Then you have a whole crop of these guys on the YouTube acting like Mr. Smartphone Expert and they basically have every model imaginable and they memorize every spec, every feature, but...
Maybe so, but I'm sure it's part of it.  I run into these small time developers using Android and they have a fairly large collection of Android phones.  They won't say how many they have, but some of them show about 5 or 6 models of what they currently have and they are constantly buying new models and selling off their older ones almost like people go through toilet paper.  I was being partly sarcastic.  
But Apple HIRING a rapper to be part of Apple upper management is TOTALLY different.  And maybe these ads might be related to why the Enterprise market doesn't buy much Apple products and why Apple is seen more as a consumer product and not an Enterprise product.  But I don't watch much TV that has Apple ads like this.  I watch TV programming that actually doesn't have many Apple ads.  I don't watch sports, I don't play video games and are involved with that market...
Did I say that I use their numbers?  NO. So why did you insinuate that I did?  I just asked who you guys are using and how can you tell if they are any better. I'm mostly interested in what Apple sells and I'm looking at how Apple is performing against themselves and MAYBE what Samsung or other REAL competitors to them.  In the tablet and smartphone market, it's really just a two horse race between Apple and Samsung, maybe ASUS, ACER, HTC might have certain degrees of...
Here's another POSSIBILITY on why these Android numbers might be over inflated. Let's take this example. When Samsung releases their numbers, are they separating out between the Samsung LABELED products vs. PRIVATE labeled? Because they and others sell products with their own label on it as well as making for private labels. So, let's say Samsung sold 100 million tablets, but 25 Million of them were private labeled GOOGLE. Then Google releases that they sold 25...
An iWatch supplanting iPod Touches? I don't think so. Maybe iPod Shuffles and Nanos, maybe. Now, i could believe that the iWatch might take over iPod Shuffle business because they'd be about the same size product (roughly the same amount of storage), But the iWatch can't have a big screen like the iPod Touch which is also used for other things like games, video where a larger screen is required. Another possibility that Apple might surprise us with........... I...
I think some of the ads are more based on your habits and demographics, because I don't see any Microsoft ads and I see ads from local companies that are specific to my area and from companies that aren't even related to computers from companies that I buy products from.