or Connect

Posts by drblank

Just for grins, when it comes to Android numbers, since there are a TON of developers for both Apple and Android phones.  The Apple developers only buy "MAYBE" one of each basic Apple model, but the Android developers may have to buy one of everything that comes out to test their product, even though they are just for testing purposes so a developer that develops for both platforms may only buy a couple of iPhones each year, but they end up buying 100 or more Androd models...
Well, how do you determine who's right?  How can you be so sure they are right? Especially when they getting numbers from companies that aren't publicly traded and publicly release their numbers.   I look at BareFigures for Apple numbers since that's who they get their info from.Now, in terms of the companies that don't report actual sales, how do you know who's right and who's wrong? How do you compare them?Making the analogy for what doctor to go with isn't the same...
If i go by NPD's APPLE numbers compared to BareFigures APPLE numbers, they are different from one another and to my knowledge Barefigures gets their APPLE numbers directly from APPLE's quarterly reports and so far, every time Apple releases their numbers, it's the same number when I look at BareFigures for the same quarter.  So, for looking at Apple numbers, I look at BareFigures. In terms of these market research numbers, I look at as many as I can (which may not be...
Could the disconnect be that NPD is showing "SHIPMENTS" vs "SOLD"?  I understand some of these companies release "SOLD" or "SHIPPED" which could be two different sets of numbers since most mfg ship a lot of products to resellers that store a lot of what is not "SOLD" in their inventories.   I know sometimes that could be the difference in some of these market research numbers.  I'm not saying I trust NPD's numbers either, but it's always nice to see a variety of...
And what does KGI have listed for the same periods?
And what numbers do you trust?   What numbers do you have for us to go by instead? Do you like BareFigures' numbers better?
 That's false. You completely don't understand a word I was saying.  It has NOTHING to do with skin color like you misrepresent it. I think that Rap isn't good quality music because the majority of it being put on the market by people like Dr. Dre aren't trained musicians playing musical instruments and they are promoting a language which isn't English (since they are born in the US).  Dr. Dre is just promoting illiteracy, degrading women by calling them the B word,...
It depends on how complex and how far they want to scale. If you look at home automation, there are the smaller system players, which is what Apple would probably do since it's not as expensive as the high end custom installs, but the big players are Crestron, Control 4, Savant, and a whole bunch of ofhers, these guys have intense systems where they have a high degree of programmability and connectivity to everything you can imagine and they typically cost a pretty penny...
 Hypergrowth rate, I know can't continue, but they sucked during 2013 if you look at each quarter and compare Net Profits, etc. from the year prior.  It's not that they slowed down, they simply sucked as they just didn't do well. I think it's a not keeping production up with demand and not releasing products earlier that they should have.  I mean, it's taking an awful long time to get a larger screen iPhone on the market. I think they should have done this a year ago and...
No, I don't prescribe to any "CULTS" and I know how to think on my own.  L Ron is not in my vocabulary, I dated a woman many years ago that was in the process of being inducted/pressured into it by her previous boyfriend, so I kind of know their tactics.  I don't know if I would make the statement that Albert Hofmann has 100% clarity and there are no findings that suggest that taking LSD causes people to have perfect clarity.  I grew up in Palo Alto when the Government was...