or Connect

Posts by drblank

I was just explaining that Japan IS a part of Asia, but in order to figure out how many iPhones China Mobile is going to sell, I wouldn't look at the numbers from Asia, or Japan as any relevance to trying to figure out how many iPhones will be sold during the next 12 months through China Mobile. China Mobile market share of iPhones is ZERO.  Apple only has two major carriers in China.  In China, because Apple doesn't have any sales through China Mobile, they have about...
 Some people look at Asia as a whole market and some separate it out into different countries.  I would look at how Apple is doing by carrier in each country, and how well they are doing by country as a whole.I don't even know why anyone would even bring up Japan when analyzing how much Apple is going to do with China Mobile, it has no relevance.
Japan is a small country compared to China.  Japan's population is around 127 Million people.  China has a population of 1.35 Billion.  China is 10x the size in terms of population.
Currently, what's the average selling price for the iPhones that are selling into China (that's the number to use), then you calculate how many people buy Smartphones through China Mobile a year.  Not all of CM's subscribers buy Smartphones, many are still on feature phones due to lack of money.   Right now, it's just too early to predict, but I think the first couple of years will be great and then it will taper to some normal level. I would say 20 to 30 Million phones is...
It is just a GUESSTIMATE.  Don't get all weird about it.  He used an estimate of 17 Million iPhones sold to the China Mobile customer base in 2014.  Personally, I think that GUESSTIMATE, is low, but analysts would be better if they underestimated rather than over estimated.  It's kind of stacking the deck so they don't look foolish by overestimating.  That practice is used not only by Apple internally when making projections, but most people would suggest it's safer to use...
It sounds kind of like the ASUS Padfone or FonePad concept only taking it a step further.     Freakin Ballmer. 
And how are all of the people that don't have any money that typically buy Android products get on the boat? Are they going to run them like some of these pop up stores where you can't take an actual product home? Apparently, they opened up a Pop Up store in my area for Christmas, where you can see all of the products, order the products over the internet (probably trying to get better internet sales numbers) but you can't take anything home and I don't think they have...
That happens with all platforms, some just have more junk than others.  It's like the old saying with Windows, yeah, Windows has a ton of apps, but only a small handful of good ones. I've used some Windows apps that were just awful generic user interface.  I think getting someone that understands not only the right functionality of the app, but also having good UI design is hard to find.  Lots of apps on the market just don't have good UI and that can make what should be a...
Oh, i tried to look up the app, but whatever I found doesn't look like the version that I saw, but I THINK (not 100%) that the app was called Amped. It's a wifi analysis tool. I had to look around for a while to job my memory, it's been several years since I first saw it, I remember that it was a cool app and that it wasn't available on iOS at the time.  That's all I remembered, but I THINK that's the app I liked.  I haven't used I just have someone that works at Verizon...
I can't for the life of me know what the app was called. I use speedtest, but I always get depressed when I use because my current ISP sucks.I'll see if I can look it up somehow. It's been on one of those top android apps to have back a couple of years ago.