or Connect

Posts by drblank

Go to Apple's support site or call Apple make an appointment if they can't help you over the phone. I just did the update on a 2012 iMac and everything seems to work just fine.
 Let me ask you a question.  When you buy an iPhone, do you have to pay additional sales taxes, or is that included?  I just looked up the price in Australia for an unlocked 4S and it's $529 and that includes this tax that Apple has to pay to bring it into the country, but do customers have to pay an additional tax on top of that?In my area, we have a 8.75% sales tax added to whatever the price is and for the exact same phone, it's $450 plus local sales tax, but my area...
 What did the guys that wrote Infinity Blade say?  They took a real power hungry app and converted it. Wouldn't other games and other apps see similar improvements? The bottom line is they have to do the conversion and the sooner they do this, the sooner EVERYONE will have 64 bit apps.  I think the hardware conversion will take 3 years and then another 2 years to get 90+% of the install base of iOS devices converted.  It WILL take longer to get the Android crowd at the...
 Maybe you press the submit button half the time.  
 You forgot the best part...... :-)
 THey have the same margin, it's just since it's a less costly phone, they make less money.   Trust me, they both probably have similar margins, it's just that 5c is a lot cheaper to make, but they make less per model, but at the same margin.   But Apple just upped the processor class of the top end model. All Apple needs to do is spit out a larger screen model, and then if they can do that before Android kicks out large screen 64 bit processors, BINGO.  Tons of...
Samsung "pledges". Really? Don't they have to have an OS that's 64 bit first? Google hasn't released a 64 bit version of Android and they have have one out about 6 months before Samsung can start shipping their 64 bit smartphones. Unless they still operate the thing in 32 bit mode and just ship a 64 bit processor just to be able to say they have 64 bit.
I think they have a portion of their brain that might not be wired properly.  I talked to one person and told them all of the flaws in the platform, and they told me that they didn't care.  Just OS update policies and practices alone is enough not to buy an OEM Android product.
Well, by Samscum's release time frame, that's next May/June. And? BUT, is Android going to be 64 bit? If so, they had better be able to ship with a 64 bit OS, or are they going to ship with a 64 bit processor and still run 32 bit? It takes Samsung 6 months or so to modify Google's release before they can release theirs. SO, either Google's Kit Kat is 64 bit, or Google has to get off their asses with another release OR Samsung won't have their 64 bit version by...
 I'm not totally against Forstall, people make mistakes, it's just that he should have added certain features that are in iOS 7 that should have been there several years ago, and he kind of messed up with Maps.  I think he was a little over his head. I have mixed feelings about skeuomorphic design.  In the audio recording industry it is commonly used as they make plug ins and apps to look just like the actual product and it gives the user, which are usually used to using...