or Connect

Posts by drblank

go spend an afternoon in a high end audio store and all you have to do is bring in your favorite CDs and tell the sales people you are just doing some research and you aren't ready to buy anything, but ask them if its OK to do some listening so it can help train your ears.  If the store is worth a $hit, they'll be happy to let you do that.  I was able to do that at a local store and I used to spend Saturdays for about 4 hours almost every weekend and got to know them...
Think of Audiophile people much like Apple users,  They get hardcore about it, it's a passion and it's a small sub section of the population   Yeah, there are less audiophiles out there, but it is a group that SPENDS MONEY.  We also like to be cutting edge and are rarely satisfied with mediocre products. The thing is, unless you've heard a nice high end audio system, you don't know what they sound like.  If done properly, it's can be a very satisfying experience....
  Maybe you aren't looking at what is REALLY available for iOS devices.  I see mostly audio products that are either design for anything, and then there are those are designed specifically for iOS devices.  I've never seen any Android only devices and for a platform to have as market share as it does, that's what I look at.     Maybe you see it more in your country, but I don't see it in my country (USA), so it might be perception.   Do you constantly read up on what...
Android users don't buy expensive things to go along with their Android toys.  Android lacks a LOT in the audio arena.  Go try to find a 48 track DAW recorder s/w that can record up to 24 channels and mix up to 48 channels with professional grade plug-ins.  Sorry, it doesn't exist.  If you look at the music creation and production software that the professionals are using, Android OS based products are so hard to find, it's not even worth discussing.  A lot has to do with...
And you proved mine.   in order to fill a huge concert hall takes the larger $150K to $200K stereo to be able to recreate a playback system so it can be almost impossible for a trained musician to be able to tell the difference between a recording and a live performance.   What they are doing is bringing that same technology down to a point where it costs $20K or less to fill one's den, bedroom, family room, etc.  Does everyone have $20K for a stereo? No.  But are there...
There was a real world study where they took a number of concert pianos played by highly trained pianist in a pristine concert hall and they had a stereo system that played back a recording of one of the instruments being played in the same room and they had trained listeners that couldn't tell the difference BLINDFOLDED.  If someone can't tell the difference then that indicates that they achieved what has been illusive all of these years, which means that those types of...
Do you know why musicians prefer one brand/model instrument over another?  it's the way they sound and/or play.  Let's take a concert grand piano.  There are about a dozen top mfg of concert grand pianos that cost around $120K+.  Do you not think that a concert pianist that's been studying and playing music for most fo their lives that plays in concert halls can tell the difference between one and another?  YES, they can.  they can tell if the thing is out of tune in 2...
Well, I can't help it if you are ignorant.  if you listen to music and have actually TRAINED your ears to hear the differences, one can achieve a higher level of understanding of what GOOD audio is.  Especially if you are a musician and are around acoustic instruments and know what one is supposed to sound like.   There are plenty of people that have gone through double blind tests where they can hear the difference. But if you listen to most of the pop music that's...
The other thing to consider is the quality of the DAC converter in the system.  For $400 speaker/amp/preamp, that thing is going to have a cheap DAC. Even Apple's Airport Express, etc. aren't using anything special in the way of a DAC.  They are using about the cheapest one's obtainable as MOST comparable products.  Can't really get around that.  That's why there is a proliferation of USB DACs.  Audioengine has an interesting wireless DAC, but it's rather pricey, but you...
Stereo is typically how music is recorded, even though acoustic instruments generate sound in an omnidirectional manner since when a musician plays a violin, piano, drums, acoustic guitar, etc. the sound goes in ALL directions bouncing off the floor, ceiling (if one is available), every wall and our ears hear in an omnidirectional manner. They can only get CLOSE to exact reproduction, but NEVER the exact same thing.  In order to get CLOSE to REAL accuracy in a...