or Connect

Posts by drblank

It was still being a little self absorbed and of course he's going to donate to charity, but he's not a visionary like Steve and I just think he isn't going to say anything that's going to be worth that kind of money.As far him not being a great CEO. Well, see here, last year the company failed to his the growth rate they used to be at, they pushed a lot of products to the end of the year and the delay times of getting new products has gotten worse. The stock price has...
 NO matter what I say, you are just going to believe what you believe. I've never said LSD was addictive, but for some people they consumed quite a lot of it during a period of their life and during that period, it did have addictive qualities to it because they seemed to want to continually do it, which is what an addiction is.  I wouldn't say LSD is as addictive as heroin, alcohol or cigarettes.  Cigarettes is obviously the most addictive, but people don't get thrown in...
I think they are missing the first point of product development.  What is the problem that this addresses?   If they aren't solving a current problem, then why are they developing it?  Too be cool?  Being cool doesn't solve a user problem.  Is a 3D GUI better and easier to use than the current 2D GUI?  I personally don't think it will be.  I think there really isn't a use for it that the mainstream tablet users really need a 3D interface.  
 Sounds like you really don't get it.  I'm ignorant of it?  Yeah, right.  Dream on.  I probably know more about it than you could possibly imagine.  I helped a next door neighbor's kid get out of that rap/hip hop mentality because as his son was going to high school, he got caught up in the wearing your pants showing underwear, not doing their homework, smoking pot, and basically throwing away his chance at an education. So, between his father and I, we got him to stop...
I don't remember anyone that posted a drunk video like Dr. Dre and his buddies when Jobs was around.  This is a different scenario. It just gives me a better idea of Cook and if he's going to sell out or not.  If I were him,  i wouldn't have tolerated that drunken video posting.   I think at some point in time he's going to have to address this with the media?  Why are you protecting Cook?  He's done an OK job, obviously he's probably the best person at the time, but I'm...
 Yeah, I know drug addictions are good and yes, it's prevalent in the entertainment, sports, and other industries.  Heck, it's even prevalent in the high tech industry.  And yes, Alcohol is another drug, it's just more socially accepted since it's more legal to buy and consume.  But, people don't NEED to use it or promote it.  Some that grew up in the 60's/70's drug culture ended up getting off that crap, a lot big names in the rock business have gotten off it. but some...
I know human behavior.  He seems to be tight lipped about the whole Dr. Dre drunken video rant that was posted.     I honestly don't know how he's going to react at WWDC if asked about it in public.  At some point in time he will be interviewed by someone in the media and will probably be asked about his response to the video.  If I was the CEO of a major company, I would definitely NOT want to do business with someone that posts drunken videos like that.  That would be a...
I think it will be much cheaper if those people just took a cab, bus, or got someone else to drive that splurging on a driverless car.  Driverless cars, with the increased cost of insurance might be too expensive at this point in time, so I think it's far too immature of a technology.  Personally, I would be too afraid to leave one of those cars on the street parked over night for fear of some loser trying to screw​ with the expensive spinning camera on top.  I don't know...
 I think that being in a driverless car in a test track screwing around would be fun for a little while, but to have a car that drives that way on the streets?   I don't know about that. I would think that would be just a little too scary of a proposition and I think what would end up happening is that I would not like it enough to want to just turn the thing off and drive it myself because it's not driving the way I would drive.
The Dead promoting the use of LSD??  Oh really?  "The Dead weren't promoting acid and that culture, but they were celebrating it, and so were we. It was about liberation from the straight-jacketed white, narrow, left-brained mainstream culture that had locked up and destroyed the best minds of our generation, as Ginsberg put it."   Well, as they say, addicts will say anything they can to support and justify their addiction.  God.  You should read that back to yourself a...