or Connect

Posts by drblank

Do you think you'll have the same level of sales on both platforms if they both looked/acted the same?   I always wondered, how do you get people to know about the app?  Word of mouth, some acknowledgement from a journalist that actually reviews and likes you app?  internet/print Advertisements?  What ways do you promote the app and what do you think is the most successful way to promote it?   Yeah, the app I compared is a very popular app and the Android version looked...
OMG,  Samsung has something called All Apps?   How REVOLUTIONARY.     That just gives me one more reason to switch to a Samsung product.    /s
Because all of the PC and Android mfg NEED Apple to continually innovate, they need someone to copy and Anti-Apple people just need to make up an excuse to bash, it makes them feel superior. So, I guess adding a second click to the kickstand on the Surface 2 products is a major innovation for this year and having a kickstand last year was their innovations.   And we are supposed to THINK that Microsoft is doing their part in innovating and they innovate yearly?
That's sucks.
Why do you hate the scenario?
How about this naming convention for next year? 6 inch Model IPhone Pro5 inch Model iPhone Air4 Inch Model IPhone Mini Poly carb versions will just have a "C" at the end of which ever models they decide to do a policarb version and maybe they'll just do a iPhone 5SC when they release the direct replacement for the iPhone 5S. and then the iPhone 5C will then replace the iPhone 4S.
I think they'll probably call the new flagship possibly an iPhone 6 and then maybe a 4inch version and call it a iPhone6S or something silly to designate a different screen size and then either a iPhone 6C or IPhone 6SC for a polycarb version.  Or the iPhone Air and a iPhoneX, etc..  I'm sure their marketing department that's in charge of their naming conventions probably has lots of heated discussions as to what the call these things.... It's almost like we know what they...
Maybe you and others can get Apple to put in the hooks to do a 30 day trial or something like that.  FWIW, I was evaluating s/w for a USB DAC system I put together and there are about 5 major companies that make the s/w and they all have free trial versions which is really nice.  These are OS X based apps.  The only problem is they only give a 14 day trial period and it's not always enough time to do a proper evaluation.  I ended buying several of them because I found that...
Well, in order to fully understand an industry, it's best if you have a finance background so you can analyze the numbers, but also have been in the industry knowing what's really going on and not listening to the media all of the time and looking at REAL numbers that are meaningful and not based on some stupid survey.  Some surveys that have been conducted didn't have very good sample sizes, asking good questions and some of the metrics floating around are improperly used...
It depends on how they want to run their business. If you look at their entire catalog of smart phones, they make a LOT of dog products that probably lose money, run outdated OS (like Gingerbread/ICS) and are just not profitable junk.   It might hurt their gross sales and market share, but they might actually be able to retain more profits.   The only reasons why they actually make a somewhat decent Net Profit is they don't put as much effort into supporting their...