or Connect

Posts by Alonso Perez

Tried that, of course. It helps somewhat but 1) Not enough and not everywhere, and 2) The default should be easy to read. It was easy to read in iOS 1 through 6. Usability has simply and very obviously taken a back seat to novelty. The icons were done by Marketing, and it shows. I'll concede that iOS had accumulated too much linen and felt, too much skeuomorphism, and needed some cleaning up. But I was surprised by the direction they went. With Ive running things, I...
I really don't like iOS 7. I hate the new look with the pointlessly thin, shadowless fonts, which is hard to read. Many icons are ugly or worse, lack soul, or worse still, represent nothing. It's like Mr. Corporate Bland had unwanted children with Mrs. Color Blind while using badly dyed colored condoms. They are also too big now. So big icons with thin fonts. The effect is goofy. Then there is the ugly translucent glass look behind the home row. Man, it just kills most...
Definitely Apple's site is harder to navigate. It's not hugely harder, but it seems like a pointless change. More marketingy and less functionality.   Some things are really quite hard to get to, such as unlocked iPhones. Does Apple not want to sell them? If so, it simply shouldn't. A store should have a product or not have it. Making a product hard to find by steering the customer elsewhere (in this case to the locked phones) is insulting. I know what I'm looking...
  Exactly. Jobs was after IBM at the time. But note that the THINK has been Appled by printing it with rainbow colors. The IBM motto was always printed in black and white.   He's saying he will out do IBM, with style.   Note also that the movie set has the THINK poster distorted, stretched horizontally, so the font is the wrong proportion. Jobs would be having fits if he saw that. It looks awful. That, plus the short time spent creating it, tells me that the movie is...
  No, it sucks because it sucks. Keynote is top-notch in Mac and decent on iOS.   But Pages is a toy on iOS. It's simply not useful in an enterprise environment, and that's without even getting into the compatibility problems, where it is unable to maintain format of even simple MS Office documents. Apple simply has not dedicated resources to Pages, and especially to Pages in iOS. It's a policy that marks their lack of interest for the enterprise.   If iWork was good...
  Not Ive. It was Jobs and Forstall. Ive is on the anti-skeumorphism wing of Apple, as far as I know.   Ive might go to far in the other direction, or not. We'll see.   iOS is awesome and the best out there. It can be streamlined a bit, for sure, but it really is good. If you get stuck with Android for a while, you'll quickly appreciate just how good iOS is. I don't know how much credit Forstall should get for the quality of iOS though. Jobs was certainly on top of it for...
  It sounds like you are saying that those of us who don't pirate need to pay multiple times what we used to pay a single time in order to compensate for all the freeloaders out there.   No thanks.
  Maybe, but that doesn't make it a subsidy. More like a worker happiness surcharge or something. A subsidy is when you get nothing in return.
I don't understand the use of the word "subsidizing" here.   What is Apple subsidizing? All I can see is Apple paying more to a vendor who needs to raise prices in order to meet Apple's new requirements. That's not a subsidy, it's a cost increase.   I think this is a good thing, by the way. I'm just puzzled at the language.  
  No, and nobody is asking for that. You would need to delete them, which is reasonable.