or Connect

Posts by tundraboy

It takes a few years but eventually the Android race-to-the-bottom that Google orchestrated is going to grind every Android manufacturer into profitless, tech-laggard dust.  And Google will not reap anything close to the bonanza that Microsoft milked out of Windows because when they could have settled for free but proprietary, they for some inexplicable reason chose to open-source Android.  That's karma to them for stabbing Steve Jobs in the back.
Actually, what we have been witnessing is analyst commodification.Def: Commodification-- The process of turning into a commode a.k.a. throne of ease, water closet, crapper, toilet bowl etc.
Anyone hear a peep from that Zabitsky fellow?
Nimitz class.  Nimitz class!?  Excuse me but Apple is not interested in old tech.  Ford class and nothing less! :-)
He he. My bad. I was ¾ of a bottle down on an amazing bottle of Chianti when I posted that.
Please don't reinforce analysts' self-aggrandizing language.  When companies' results differ from analysts forecasts, it's the latter, not the former that missed.  iPad did not miss, analysts' forecasts missed.
"Additionally, the best GPUs among Android products were often seeing the fewest sales, because licensees were achieving volume sales with cheap products. That forced Google and its partners to optimize for the lowest common denominator while higher quality options were failing to achieve enough sales to warrant further development."   This is what a race to the bottom looks like from the engineering trenches.  Good luck attracting the smartest, most creative engineers...
I don't think people are that stupid. Even kids know when they get a new battery-powered toy that they tend to use it excessively when it's new.
Apple buys companies that can improve their (Apple's) technology. They don't buy companies with inferior tech.  Given that Apple seems to have a better chip design crew than Qualcomm's, why buy Qualcomm?  Need anymore reasons?
People who are into watches, a lot of them own more than one.  So switching off watches regularly + auto-synching across all watches goes a lot towards negating (some of) the battery capacity problem.   Companies who sell watches, all of them have several models.  I expect Apple will not limit its watch models to what we see now. It' a common mistake for people to assume that their idiosyncratic circumstances and preferences is representative of everyone else's.