or Connect

Posts by tundraboy

And merrily we prance down Facebook's brick road of creepiness.
Just as likely that the part shown is for that Chinese Apple copycat.
 Really?  My teenage daughter and a lot of her friends, some of whom are guys, wear bracelets on their wrists.  We don't know what the iWatch is like if such exists in the first place so it's too early to make predictions based on blanket statements that were made in reference to existing products. There are so many things that expert marketers thought were going to be lame and ended up big hits.  And vice versa.
"According to White, there's been a sense of "disappointment" among some Chinese carriers regarding customer demand for the iPhone 5s."   I will tell you something about the typical Chinese businessman.  If you ask them how business is, they will always tell you, usually with a sigh for full effect, "It's not that good".  Why?  First of all, crowing about how great you're doing is bad form in the Asian Pacific rim cultures (where I grew up).  Second, why reveal to your...
 We do not disagree.  Silly to wait for all i's and t's to be dotted and crossed on new technologies, but just as silly to go into mass deployment  right away without trying out a few prototypes and pilot projects.  The Tesla has gone through several prototypes, DoT certification, IIHS testing, etc. so at this point the technology has gone through quite a lot of refinement and fine-tuning already. You also have to balance how much risk you can take versus rate of...
Oh no.  You can get drunk, pass out on your front porch and die, or lose limbs to frostbite.  Happened here just this past winter.
 If you think you can convince detractors with a declaration that "Nuclear is clean energy", you are going about it the wrong way.  Doesn't matter if what you say is true or not, a lot of people will just see that as a preposterous statement.  At face value most people will see it as false, unless you can stand next to an unshielded reactor with no consequences. Also the 'safe if not for incompetency and greed' excuse is not going to fly.  Incompetency and greed has been...
 Well actually, following your simile, I'm saying let's make sure Tesla can do what Tesla's manufacturer claims it can do first before we buy thousands of them. As to disposal, I am a little familiar with developments on that front and the promise they hold out is amazing, or potentially amazing.  But let's move them from potential to actual first before we start building hundreds of new nuclear plants. Bottomline, society has to do a brutally honest cost benefit analysis...
 The problem is nuclear power proponents have always declared them all to be safe until they aren't.  That's because nuclear disasters are all black swan events, or one of those famous 'unknown unknowns'.   I'm not a knee-jerk anti nuke but I have the uneasy feeling that risk management models being used by the industry are faulty.  When event probabilities are vanishingly small but the costs of an adverse outcome are very, very large, calculations of expected benefits...
 Yeah!  Tell it to Fukushima and Chernobyl.