or Connect

Posts by tundraboy

What I'd give to see the fully working ARM port of OS-X that for sure Apple has in a lab somewhere deep in the bowels of One Infinity Loop.
I've always maintained that wearables is as much fashion as it is high tech and that the right business model is Swatch brought a few notches upmarket.  No, Apple will not be selling any $10K watches any day soon but they will hire the world's foremost experts in precision micro-scale mechanical engineering and materials and the products that Apple will come up with will be beautiful in the Jobs-Ivian or jobsivian (claiming copyright right now) sense.   That Swatch guy...
Immensely naive to believe any promise that an acquiring corporation makes.  Just say "they offered more money".  People in general won't hold that against you.  Chide you for it, maybe, but that's just hypocrisy unless they have turned down billion dollar offers to do something perfectly legal.
Borg chic?  No thanks.
Good. The more attention is shone on the fact that the Feds are shamefully going along with the network providers in this charade that internet service is not a utility, the better. An aside: Fascinating how shameful and shameless can be used interchangeably without changing a sentence's meaning.
 Such is life and economics my friend.  Since the first loom rendered the hand weaver unemployed hundreds of years ago.  And yet, look how high your standard of living is now.  Would you be where you are if that first loom and every other new technology that raised productivity was junked because society didn't want all those hand weavers to lose their jobs?
You can always hire good designers to come up with nifty prototypes. But execution? Supply chain management? Process innovation to mass produce those nifty prototypes? Google doesn't even come close.
My only misgiving with Macs going ARM is that Quicken for Mac is a horrible, embarrassingly shoddy app and there is no realistic alternative to Quicken for Windows.  As it is, I use Fusion and Win7 exclusively to run Quicken and if that option disappears, I'd be up the creek.
The 5c will do what most people expected it to do when it takes the bottom-most spot of the iPhone line sometime late this year or next year.  (This is really where most analysts thought it should be positioned from the get go.)  It will be a monster entry-level smartphone then, especially profit-wise since it costs less to manufacture than the 4S.   Apple's pricing errors are always upwards not downwards.  If they're not sure what the optimal price for a new product is,...
Damn these companies that make you pay for their product!