or Connect

Posts by tundraboy

No wonder Samsung is holding worldwide "crisis awareness" meetings.  The numbers that were coming in at HQ must have been that grim.
 And the hilarious thing is that not only 'uninformed' investors got burned, you have supposedly professional hedge fund managers who got caught holding the bag big time when AAPL stalled then plunged back to sane levels.  Then they throw hissy fits and demand that Apple buy their shares back at artificially inflated prices.  Talk to the hand, replied Tim Cook, to his credit.  Ha ha, hell hath no fury like a hedge fund manager scorned.
 Saturation advertising makes a lot more people aware of your product, some would actually buy it.  Unfortunately, if your product is no good, what people become aware of is not just your product, but how bad it is.  And worse, if you made it sound as if your product is way better than it really is, then people will not only dislike your advertised product, they'll dislike your company and brand as well.  Judging from how little value their advertising returned, and the...
Ha ha! The search for the missing Android devices is starting to sound like the search for the universe's missing mass. Wonder what will be found first, dark matter or dark androids?
 As someone who suffers from high frequency hearing loss and the odd bout of tinnitus, oh, how I wish what you say comes true.
Given the extent to which earphones are in use these days, and the volume levels that are being piped through them, one would expect that hearing aids are going to be a big item 20, 30 years from now when the long term damage starts showing up. Talk about skating to where the puck is going to be!
 No, start with blaming yourself Mr. Gleeson for forsaking the tried and tested in favor of the new and unproved.  You're an educator not a IT expert, why would you go out on a limb and go with a Windows tablet?  Haven't you read any of the tons of negative reviews on the internet?
 Seems a lot of people suspected that I did not welcome the prospect of large scale highly automated manufacturing growing by leaps and bounds in the U.S.  I am excited by the possibility, I only mentioned the jobs angle because there are folks who will expect hundreds of thousands of assembly line jobs will be created.  No they won't, but it's still a huge net plus for the U.S. because of reasons like you laid out.Here's the thing though.  If robotic manufacturing...
 I have a strong suspicion that we are reaching a technological and economic tipping point that will make highly automated manufacturing in the U.S. (and other high wage industrialized countries) competitive again.  I expect a huge migration in factories (but sorry, not jobs) moving back from the far east into the U.S. Now if I can only figure out which robotics companies are going to feast on this bonanza so I could go long in their stock.
Are we sure LG is a SOUTH Korean company not NORTH Korean?