or Connect

Posts by tundraboy

This article is quite anomalous because as everyone knows, Apple is doomed. /s
 Google is a company that seems to be run by extremely smart, social misfits with very very short attention spans.  Compare that with Facebook which seems to be run by extremely smart sociopaths who have zero ability to distinguish right from wrong.  Either way, both companies pose a danger to society.
Good thing the appeals court reversed the lower court's judgement that short phrases are not copyrightable.  That would have spelled the end of my budding career writing haiku.   So the legal skirmish will now be over fair use.  Google uses Oracle's copyrighted material to build a business with annual combined smart phone, mobile app and ad sales of X billions.  It wan't used for instruction, scholarship, criticism, comment, artistic expression, reporting or anything...
 What you say doesn't matter at all.  Being an Apple faithful still doesn't make you better at running Apple than the people running Apple.
Anybody hear seen the financials of Apple's and Beats' music business? How about Beats' headphones business?  No?  Then STFU!  You have no basis for judging whether $3.2B is too much.  I thought it felt like it was too much but you root around the internet and you find indications from pretty credible sources that 3.2 isn't an outrageous amount.   Once the white-person's-subconscious-panic over Dr. Dre's black face subsides we'll hear the more sober assessments.
I feared us much.  But how empty is your life then if you found the post compelling enough to trigger a comment?
Different demographic, same principle.  Surely you get that.
I'm waiting for the inevitable 'Mac Pro demand is flagging' spin.
 Hate to admit it, but I'm inclined to agree.  But it's operating on a subconscious level, fueling the vehemence of the objections.
 If it's because of their ability, based on cool factor alone, to sell stuff at prices way beyond the cost of production, then it's a valid comparison.  You're smart enough to see that, aren't you?