or Connect

Posts by tundraboy

Sony just wrote off a substantial fraction of their mobile business from their balance sheet.  This is where Samsung is headed.  The Chinese smartphone manufacturers will not, cannot be denied.
 I can't wait for the statement ad, á la "Here's to the crazy ones" and "This is it", that starts with "You are our customer, not our product".  If they did a full-on prime-time push, I think it would be devastating for Android.
AmEx is signed up for Pay.
"Our business is not based on having information about you. You're not our product,"   I wish Apple would do a full-on ad blitz based on this line.  Maybe even an "I'm iPhone, I'm  Android" series that elaborates exactly what information Google looks at and collects .  It would creep out so many people, potentially devastating.  Or then again,we'll just find out that Android users don't really care.
PayPal, eBay. eBay, Paypal. When I read about that case where eBay-PayPal ordered the destruction of an antique violin based on the buyer's assertion, and that assertion alone, that it was counterfeit, I realized that the people running this company aren't very smart and they just make rules and other things up as they go along. Stopped having anything to do with them ever since.
I was hoping Continuity and Hand Off would work on my '09 iMac. Oh well.
 You can have high pixel count on a small sensor footprint and suffer from low light sensitivity because the individual pixels are small.  Or you can have lower pixel count for same footprint so that the pixels are larger and low light performance is better (i.e. less artifacts).  It's all a compromise. Of course you can have both higher pixel count and larger sensor to get the best quality pictures but wait, now you need to make room in your smartphone for the bigger...
 Yes.  They don't know yet what the final battery life figures will be.  But knowing Apple, they will not release a product that has a ridiculously short battery life.
This kind of deal works only in an innumerate country where the customers can't even do the simple math to figure out that in the end it all costs the same and in fact the ones that seem 'cheaper' sometimes actually cost more.
   You'll be very impressed, then.  When it's time to pay, you hold up the iPhone to the NFC reader (or whatever you call it) and click.  That's it.  Payment goes through or doesn't depending on whether you pass the authentication requirements.  It's awesome, but it needs iPhone6 or Watch.  And no one knows yet if Watch will work if you have an older iPhone.  Hope it does, at least for 5s since it has TouchID,  but I'm not too optimistic.