or Connect

Posts by tundraboy

You read one article, one excerpt, one blurb, and suddenly you think you're an expert on the subject.  Right off the bat your opening paragraph is already wrong  then you compound it by using a corporate PR hack job to back it up.  Read a little about this thing called "natural monopoly" which is an industry where the minimum economic scale of production is so large that there is room only for one firm.  Utilities are typically natural monopolies because it is a waste of...
You're just completely wrong.  You are basically saying underregulated monopolies don't hurt consumers.  Then the 'evidence' you present on your rebuttal posts are walking-around anecdotal evidence that is statistically meaningless.  And even with your casual, impressionistic evidence you choose only the ones that bolster your position and conveniently suffer amnesia, deafness, and blindness when it comes to the horrible experience people have with Cable TV.  Stop...
No, it's choosing not to play by the ridiculous rules set by bloggers and analysts and folks like you for whom nothing but insane eye-popping sales figures can be considered a success and who are ready to start propagating, at the drop of a hat, the buzz that the watch is a failure. This is uncharted territory, trying to marry the design longevity required of prestige watches with the rapid turnover of technology inherent in the computer business.  Until Apple, no one has...
It's not an SOC, it's a COC. (Computer on a Chip).  The sensor on the back?  It's on the back cover, so to update the censor, replace the whole back cover.  I would think Apple could design things so that everything except the Gold case itself can be upgraded.  I mean, they have to be replaceable for repairs right?  The thing is, the gold case harkens back to the case of a DiY Windows PC  --just keep upgrading the components as you need or desire.   The thing about watches...
Obama may be many things but he isn't dumb.  Harvard Business School and Harvard Law School are lightyears apart in the level of intellect you need to possess to get accepted and earn a degree from them.  I personally know someone who got accepted to HBS and our whole college class went "How'd that happen?"  Obama also was president of the Harvard Law Review, the most prestigious student position at HLS.  You don't get to be that if you're one of the dimmer bulbs on the...
The Lee family of Samsung reminds me of the Kim family of North Korea.  Both are corrupt, brazen, above the law, and seem to be facing the same third-generation syndrome typical of family owned enterprises.
If robust upgradability is actually offered it will probably be on the Edition line only and it (the upgrade) will probably cost about as much as the sport or even steel versions.  Without a promise of upgradability in perpetuum, my guess is the Edition line would be dead in the water.  Very few people will buy a 5 grand thingy that is guaranteed to be a very shiny paperweight in five years.
Your evidence, interesting as it is, is anecdotal.  I wouldn't generalize about millionaires' consumption patterns based on that.
 I expect the development of this market will be more like iPod than iPhone.  Took Apple a few years ('01-'04) to nail the design, feature set, and ecosystem before iPod really took off.