or Connect

Posts by tundraboy

Google Maps' public transit directions isn't entirely reliable either. I was recently in London and it gave me roundabout directions to go from one place to another. It had me walk, take a bus, then hop on the tube when a direct tube connection with one transfer and less walking overall was available. This type of error happened too often as to make the transit routing service untrustworthy, and if you can't trust a routing service then it's useless. Google Maps is...
I've been saying it, and I'll say it again: It will not be one iWatch but a whole line of wearables. It will be high tech and haute fashion with some models leaning more towards function others towards form. They will be sold in retail settings of commensurate prestige and snob appeal and apple just might roll out a sub-brand to highlight the fashion-forward nature if this major new branch in Apple's product tree.
A luxury carmaker that won't support Apple devices, or worse, prefer Android to iOS, is just being plain stupid. This is as ill-conceived as Ferrari allowing their logo to be slapped on an Acer laptop.
Reading this just made my blood boil. This is what the stupid dumb f**k lawyers at the US Department of Justice and their imbecilic boss Eric Holder has brought about. The biggest collection of empowered moronicity that we've seen in a long time. Who the f**k ever expected that the DoJ, under a Democrat no less, would sue to restore a monopoly that was demolished by a new entrant? That has never ever happened in the US before. WTfreakingF?
I'm pretty sure 'reactionary' doesn't mean what you think it means.
I guarantee you that Apple remains the aspirational brand in the developing world and to the extent that a 3rd world country becomes more prosperous, then Apple's sales , market share, and profit in that country grows. And if some 3rd world country remains impoverished, why would Apple want to dominate a geographical region where no profits are to be made.I do not understand this idea that Apple has to contest the third world market tooth and nail against Android. Apple...
Now you're just exaggerating. Why, the way you talk, you make it sound as if Samsung is run by some kind of congenital liar or worse, a convicted felon.
Glass-like devices have their uses and will eventually be commercially successful for specialized applications. But they will never be the 24/7 where everywhere device that Larry and Sergey hoped they would be. Only a socially inept, Asperger-spectrum techhead would ever think that such a creepy device would be acceptable in public.
So you get up and go to the bathroom and if creepy cellphone holding guy follows you around, then you know.And you don't usually enter a room and see seven people holding up a cellphone as if they just might be recording you. if Google's glass dreams came true, you could very well enter a room and see lots of glassholes gazing at you. What do you do then? Leave? Ask each and every glasshole to look away? Show them your best angle?
Oh come of it. Stop repeating this canard over and over. This is such a lame argument. You can tell if someone is aiming a cellphone camera at you. You''re an idiot if you can't. It's not just seeing the back of a cellphone, but the actions of the person holding the cellphone that's a give away.