or Connect

Posts by tundraboy

I had a problem with my then 4-year-old iMac's video card that I never purchased Apple Care for so I researched everything, looked for the cheapest OEM replacement card and studied how to replace the part.  Out of a whim, before I ordered the part, I called Apple and asked how much does it cost to have the repair done at the Genius bar. Less than the cost of the part I was about to order.  And, less than Apple Care.  No brainer. Through the years of owning Apple products,...
I'm quite disappointed that only the top line 13" MBP is available with 512GB Storage.
HealthKit and Watch should take care of that, him and Schiller.  Otherwise they would be unsuitable spokesmen for their products.  :-)
 Between what Apple thinks is best for business versus what popnfresh thinks, I think I'll go with the guys running the most profitable company on earth. Apple is not turning itself into another luxury goods company.  It is turning itself into the first true luxury tech company.  Not a tech company that dabbles in luxury (the old Apple), or a luxury company that dabbles in tech (Vertu), but one that is at home and respected and feared by both the tech and luxury goods...
 Haptic feed back is patented.  And Apple really is the first to deploy anything like it.  I won't claim to be an expert but unlike rounded corners or swipe to unlock, I think this patent is a lot easier to defend and enforce.
 I didn't put them on my list because I don't remember the CEOs of those companies making arrogant or dismissive public statements like the ones I listed. You should always respect the competition, if only because not doing so leads to smugness that leads, in turn, to fatal inaction.
When you get relegated to the slow line with your smartphone in hand while the people wearing smartwatches are zipping through checkpoints to board the plane, pick up their rental, pay for their purchases, enter the concert hall, check out library books, check into the hotel, etc., then you will see the added value. And don't expect corporations to spend money to bring speed and ease of service for smartphone-only owners up to par with smartwatch owners.  If at all they...
Humility is an undervalued virtue. Imagine the companies who would still be around today, or at least be in better shape, if their CEOs exhibited a little more humility in the face of new competitive threats. Blackberry, Microsoft, Dell, Palm, the list goes on.
I think it's the news about the CIA hacking Xcode and investors wondering how that impacts China sales of Apple devices.
How many of you have been in a meeting where the boss gives a guy a death stare for pulling out his phone to glance at the screen?  Score one for the AppleWatch.