or Connect

Posts by tundraboy

"Investment managers on Wall Street believe that Apple stock is currently undervalued, but they're also reportedly concerned that shares of the company could drop even further before their eventual rebound."   What the investment managers are doing here is called "talking the stock down".  Shame on AI for helping enable these Wall Street bastards.
 That will never happen. Never never never never never.  Your hypothesis that the only people who will buy them are those who can't afford an iPhone today is wrong.  A lot of the people who will buy the low cost iPhones will be iPhone owners who will want to spend less on their phones. Take a lesson from the nonexistence of a significant market for high end PCs, and the fact that high end Androids, or profits therein, are a fast disappearing segment.  For any OS, the...
Maybe Apple secretly bought up the surrounding commercial property knowing full well that customer traffic will spike when the new Apple Store opens.
The only difference is that when Apple welcomed IBM to the PC industry, Apple was pretty much acknowledged to be the company that demonstrated the viability of the PC industry.   Rdio on the other hand is welcoming Apple to an industry that is what it is now because of . . . Apple.  This would be like the guy who invented the aileron offering to give the Wright brothers a lecture on the origins of the airplane.
And you are ignoring the fact that if a company did not require you to bring a bag full of stuff to work, then they shouldn't pay you for the time it takes to inspect the bag which you insisted on bringing to work even though you knew full well that am inspection will delay your departure from work.
 It's called "deterence".  Same reason Costco checks your cart and receipt when you walk out the store.  It seems useless because no one ever gets caught.  But no one gets caught because no one tries to sneak out stuff because, --yup, you got it-- because of the 'useless' security check when you walk out of the store.
 Come on, the economy's outlook isn't the greatest but it's nowhere near as shaky as it was around the time of the  Lehman collapse.
Why?  Do you keep yours in your pocket?
American express allows you to configure your Amex card account so that you get a text notification on your phone every time a swipe-less purchase occurs. That's a very rudimentary security measure, I'd prefer that rather than just informing me of the transaction, it actually prompts me to signal approval for the transaction. Still, I am given the chance to call Amex right away if the transaction being reported to me is fraudulent. Now imagine a more comprehensive system...
If they're looking for a name for Apple Maps' color scheme, I nominate "Jaundice". I hate it myself.  I keep wondering there's something wrong with my display's color rendering.