or Connect

Posts by tundraboy

'Literally' is one of the most misdefined and misused words.  A lot of people say 'literally' when they mean 'figuratively'.  Some people are more charitable and say that people are just being ironic.  But really they're just being ignorant.  Literally.  And I don't say that in irony.
 Man, I wish they'd do an "I'm iPhone. And I'm Android." promo.  They can have a spot where iPhone guy holds a product demo and shows a line up of iPhones and iPads, than Android guy rounds up his own product demo and shows a line up of various people/consumers.  Another spot has them holding customer appreciation days iPhone guy is warmly welcoming iPhone owners to his event, meanwhile Android guy rudely turns away Android phone owners and fawningly let's in advertisers.
Desperately, desperately trying to refute the "You're not the customer. You're the product." meme, which could be devastating if it catches on. But by resorting to outright and preposterous lies, Herr Schmidt might have only worsened things. Nothing attracts more flies on the internet than preposterous statements delivered with a straight face.
Way to go after the straw man Herr Schmidt.  The evilness of Google is not that all that personal information you gather is not secure in your servers, it's that you gather all that personal information in the first place!
 No, I don't get that implication at all.  I bet the whole reading public except you doesn't see that implication either.  Now let's look at the shortened version: Jobs resigned, then died.  Nope, no implication detected there either, just as there is no such implication in "I jumped, then fell."  Now let's try "Jobs chose to resign then die."  There's your implication of intent on "die".
You know, sonny, sometimes it's better to just keep some thoughts within the confines of your skull.  One would think it would be thick enough to hold it in, though.
I think Ahrendts decided she would accept Tim Cook's job offer while listening to him talk about Watch and her role in it.  He had her at Watch, in a manner of speaking.
They will if the contest is who can buy the most outfits from the collection being shown.
And this is based on your experience running what multi-billion dollar fashion and/or design-intensive company?  Apple, St. Laurent, or Burberry?
Yeah? Let's find out first how many people buy thousand dollar dresses that get used only once. Or thousand dollar shoes that get worn for only one season.