or Connect

Posts by tundraboy

I wouldn't call it a 'rule', it's more like a custom or habit.
The best following act to an iconic CEO was Robert Iger after Michael Eisner.  Iger was thought of us this efficient but dull and unimaginative keep-the-trains-running-on-time guy who will, at best, keep Disney from deteriorating any further.  Sounds a lot like what people said about Tim Cook, eh?  Well Iger turned out to be a great CEO, acquiring Pixar, reviving Disney's animated films, bought Marvel, etc.  When he took over, DIS was hovering around the 20s for 5 years,...
Oh god, Odo, weren't you the guy who was constantly ragging on Tim Cook for not doing enough to please Wall Street and thus causing AAPL to tank? There you were, post after off-topic post, screeching about how Apple's stock price has fallen so far and how it is all Tim's fault. Well, look at you now! The voice of level-headed reason, running interference for Mr. Cook, as if the old shrill Odo never even existed. I might vomit.Aah, but then again, the original...
The word 'privacy' is not in Google's dictionary.   Google is not doing it out of the goodness of their hearts, neither is Apple.  So how do they monetize their health platform?  Apple does it by selling devices.  Google, by selling You.  Only the stupid or ignorant would entrust their health information to Google.
Tundraboy's law of grammar hawks: A post that pounces on someone else's bad gramnar is guaranteed to contain grammatical errors.
 Google?  The net's busiest busybody?  God forbid.
I always suspected that Apple's health and medical thrust is going to go way beyond goosed up fitness monitors, what with Apple talking to the FDA, hiring all those high-powered med tech people, as well as a person who is supposed to be an expert in shepherding tech products through the FDA approval labyrinth (her last name is Nag, how appropriate). I even ventured that maybe they're thinking of taking a stab at fixing the Great Big Electronic Medical Records Mess with a...
 No, it's a direct shot in the sense that Google/Android is glaringly vulnerable on the 'seamless integration of devices' front due to fragmentation, no PC OS, and no real hardware operations.  A better description would have been a 'lethal' rather than 'direct' shot. Anyway, this is not surprising.  When complex mass consumer products reach a certain level of maturity, refinement, fine-tuning and optimization become the battlefield for competition and when you are...
 The things people pull out of their nether orifices.
 This is one of the all time dumbest posts I've ever seen.