or Connect

Posts by tundraboy

Zuckerberg & Co lying and dissembling again.
You know those wrist bands that hospitals put on you when you check in for a procedure?  That will be one of Apple's entry points into an integrated health monitoring plus system that they want to be the de facto standard platform for the health care industry.  How many times does one have to repeat "It's the platform, stupid."   Oh, and considering Steve Jobs' intimate experience with all facets of the health care industry in the last years of his life, does anyone...
I don't care about who's first.  I care about who's best.
You cannot use a monopoly ('dominant market position' is the more accurate term) in one market to establish a monopoly in another.  That's what tripped up Microsoft and what is in play here.  Whether the plaintiff lawyers have a credible case or not, I don't have enough info to hazard an opinion.
 More power and fun to you then.  Someday when the kids are done with college, I hope to live the much simpler life that you are living.
 Correct me if I'm wrong but in a Trad IRA, won't your AAPL cap gains be taxed as current income rate rather than capital gains?
Messrs Page, Brin and Schmidt exempted themselves.  The stock split strengthened their voting power even more.
I hope your AAPL is in a Roth IRA.
I'm still steamed about Google's stock split.  Google is run by a bunch of crooks who just stole value from any shareholder who is not a bastard  named Page, Brin or Schmidt.
The fundamental, inescapable problem Samsung faces with its smartphones is that no matter how hard and how well they copy Apple, they're still running the device on a crap platform.  And it will always be crappy because Apple's design goal is to build the best products while Google's is to sell the most ads.  And since ads are basically seen as a nuisance by most people, if you design a product to maximize your ad sales then of course you will be sacrificing user...