or Connect

Posts by tundraboy

Oh those jobs are gone all right.  The factories might come back, but the jobs won't ever.
Other than "Apple lied to us then held a gun to our heads and made us sign the contract", there is really no "other side of the argument".
Oh, I'm pretty sure that the GTAT brass had a very good idea how easy or difficult it was to fulfill the contract terms.  That is a natural problem with the corporations:  how to make sure that the executives have the stockholders' interest in mind and not their own.  The CEO basically threw his stockholders in the ditch when he saw the bonanza he will get from 'scheduled' stock sales.  You could even be charitable and say he didn't set out to willfully defraud the...
Really?  So what profits have Apple generated so far from this supply contract with GTAT?  You are easily hanged by your own arguments.  Why don't you just come out and say that you don't like Apple, period, and at least be credited for your honesty rather than pretend to present a reasoned argument?
Are all chip&sign card terminals also NFC terminals? My understanding is they aren't.
My understanding is that ApplePay runs on the standard NFC terminal so a merchant doesn't have to shell out for any exclusive Apple-only hardware.
I wonder how these holdouts will respond when their competitors start putting big "We Accept ApplePay" signs on their storefronts.
Those chip card terminals have been installed in preparation for going live in September (?) 2015 whereupon Visa, MC, and Amex will no longer cover losses from fraud on transactions conducted with swipe cards. Merchants will have to eat swipe card losses.
Yeah.  My advice to them was "Keep doing whatever you plan to do and don't listen to people like me and AdonisSMU".  What's you're advice to them that's worth heeding?
I have AAPL shares that I bought at $5 a share.  How do you think my money making went? My post was an answer to a theoretical question about whether you should categorically not sell a competitor's product.  Not advice to Apple.  Nowhere was it mentioned in the post that it was advice directed to Apple.  Why would you jump to that conclusion?  Learn to differentiate between what you are reading and what is in your muddled head and don't attribute what's in the latter to...