or Connect

Posts by tundraboy

Who would want to be continually moving one's hand back and forth between keyboard and screen?  And if you have a 27" screen or larger, how far away is that behind your keyboard?  I'd say quite a reach going from keyboard to screen. The solution for people who like touch gestures is not a touch screen but a touch pad that maps directly to the screen via on-screen real time fingerprint, palm print and handprint animations that indicate exactly what pixels on the monitor...
 When you hit that age, young man or young lady, you will find that it is very hard to stay asleep for 7 hours.
 The people who claim that 5c was "created expressly" to take on the slot that the 4s occupies are not from Apple.  No one from Apple ever said or hinted this.Apple products are built on a very tight inventory schedule, it's called Just-in-Time or kanban manufacturing.  For them to have a surplus of parts is sooooo unlikely as to be ridiculous.  Tim Cook's head would explode if he found out they had so much surplus parts left over as to justify continued production.
There are default opt-ins pretty much everywhere you go.  Some are benign others not so benign and still some others clearly crossing the line.  If you're going to assert the absurd notion that all default opt ins are the same then here's where I stop arguing against sophistry.
You are really going to equate Apple feeding you iAds to Google's action of unilaterally linking up your Google+ identity with your Gmail account?
 Actually, Google is so ethical that its policy whenever it offers a new service, is automatically "opt in" not "opt out".  But unfortunately, in Google doublespeak, that means you "automatically opt in" for the service.  They're just real bastards.
 I would tend to concur until you stop for a moment and imagine a world where all you need to bring anywhere you go, whatever you do, is your smart phone. Keys, i.d., drivers license, credit cards, store coupons, diary, opera tickets, medical records, passport, certificate of parole, all gone.  That's what all this tech is driving towards.  Now whether that's good or bad, save that discussion for another day.
Apple will be for wearable computing what IBM was for micro-computers. It's the established, reputable giant that legitimizes the product and takes over the market. Sad to say, all these brave and energetic little gnats will be squashed no matter how good their product is. (And frankly, their product isn't that good.) That's just the nature of the consumer tech biz.
They need a real designer to work on this if it is to appeal beyond the geeky set.
 And the Office push might be too late.  MS should have been pushing an "Office Everywhere" strategy since day one of iPhone OS.  Instead, it pushed a Windows Everywhere strategy which is obviously failing, and subordinated the Office Suite to that goal which is in danger of dragging MS Office down along with Windows.  They thought it was a great victory when they were able to avoid Judge Penfield Jackson's antitrust remedy of breaking MS into separate OS and apps...