or Connect

Posts by tundraboy

Because Apple is run by stupid people who are incapable of change and will force its business model on everything it does no matter how impractical?I wouldn't be surprised if this rumour is even partially true. I've always contended that an iWatch, or whatever they call it, has to be as much a fashion accessory as a tech device. A phone is something people keep in their pockets. A watch, for most people, is part of their outfit. A whole lot of people are very picky...
 I would think the point of the e-wallet in your iPhone is to eliminate the need for a specialized merchant device, just software and an internet connection.
The fundamental flaw in the Android pitch to mobile device manufacturers: You don't have to pay us but your device has to be basically indistinguishable from your competitors' Android devices. Oh, and yes you don't pay us but you pay Microsoft. Says Dell from the background: Take it! That common OS strategy did wonders for our margins.
 Okay, there.  Well, at least we know now that it's some deep seated personal animus against IBM that's driving your side of the discussion.  Can't argue against deep seated personal animus.  Here doth endeth the debate.
And you really think that IBM and Apple are too stupid to figure out solutions to the tablet's shortcomings that you pointed out? Or come up with new uses that you would never have thought of in your wildest imaginings? What do you call that syndrome wherein people assume just because they can't envision or imagine something then no one else can? Oh yes, analystitis or colloquially, Munster's disease?Why would someone with a nice desktop prefer to work on a tablet? ...
When Apple announces 250 new features in the new iOS or OSX, we all know most of these are trivial. I always assumed that the same goes for "98% of Fortune 500 have iPads".If you think a significant opening to the heretofore trivially addressed enterprise market is not a big thing for Apple, I don't know what is. Tim Cook is putting his stamp on this company and he is doing so by looking into opportunities that Steve Jobs probably never gave more than 5 minutes thought....
Ding, ding, ding! Yes, didn't think of this. I thought or wished that something OS-Xy comes out of this iOS push into enterprises. If your direct reports have been equipped with iOS devices from this partnership, what better and more convenient way to communicate and transfer data with their iDevices?
NYT reports Apple and IBM have been "working together on the venture for several months, and they are jointly working on more than 100 business software programs developed exclusively for Apple's iOS operating system." Maybe Eddy Cue wasn't exaggerating when he said the biggest product roll outs in 25 years.  Is Tim Cook setting exciting new directions and putting his stamp on this company or what?  Wonder what we'll be hearing from the Tim-Cook-has-no-vision crowd.
 Doesn't Big Blue still make some big iron?
 What else is out there really?  Can't go with Win Mobile given that this partnership is aiming directly at Microsoft's bread and butter.  Android with it's hell stew of security vulnerabilities?  Besides iOS is already the 600, okay 400 pound gorilla in enterprise mobile.