or Connect

Posts by tundraboy

Perhaps Apple had already trademarked CloudMe as part of MobileMe branding? Sounds like MobilMe will be dropped for iCloud.
If Samsung thinks they have enough clout over Apple in this fight, they are sorely mistaken. The company who brings in the final customer always has an outsized advantage because he can take those customers elsewhere. There are other component manufacturers out there who would jump at the chance to be a major supplier to Apple's final customeers. And with an Apple purchase order in hand, banks will be running over each other offering this firm the financing needed to...
Are you talking about Samsung or Apple or both?
And Samsung needs Apple so that they can manufacture tablet and mobile phone components at a scale that significantly lower their cost, thus benefiting not only Apple but Samsung's own tablets and mobile phones.You and I know there are no one way streets in any commercial transaction.
Apparently you haven't heard of the fat cats running Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, and the rest of the U.S. financial industry. None of them will spend even a day in jail despite all the double-dealing and self-dealing they did that exacerbated, if not outright caused, the great recession.
I suppose that type of job would be tedious anywhere, at least with Apple the presumption is there would be greater demand and room for innovation. If management is always looking to push the technological envelope, then if you find yourself performing mundane tasks, it's really up to you to make it interesting by coming up with your own innovations and presenting them to management. I strongly believe that if a company is open to new ideas and innovations from their...
You are right, but if you have to wait for bandwidth to expand before you start gearing up for cloud computing, then you've already been left behind. You might as well rename your company Microsoft II.
Enough already with this stupidity called "software patents"! They are basically mere analogues of physical actions into their computerized/online analogues. One-click ordering, for example is the internet version of "Just ring me and tell me what you want and I'll take care of everything since I have your billing information in my customer files." If Congress can't get rid of software patents they should at least write into law something that says: Any software...
Looks like a death spiral to me . . .
Seems to me the primary basis for this set of forecasts is the manufacturing capacity of the companies offering each platform. It thus assumes that whoever is capable of building the most smart phones sells the most smart phones. Such a curious concept; assuming that customers do not care between one model and another and that a mfrs ability to crank out widgets determines its ability to sell them. Despite all these iPod/iPhone/iPad killers that have shriveled up and...