or Connect

Posts by tundraboy

Aah, you just described the Surface.  I don't think Apple is going to release anything Surface-like soon or in the next 200 years.
 What's wrong with it is that it trades on geek appeal, which might sell to people who frequent websites like this one, but will not sell to a wider segment.  To break out of the nerdy niche, a smart watch has to appeal to the people who buy real watches and that ain't gonna happen, for one, with an LED or OLED face.  People who buy watches buy more than one because they treat watches as jewelry/fashion accessories.  They need more than one to be able to match different...
Thinking you could ease your product into the high end simply by building it with pricier materials and declaring it a high end product? Good luck to that.
 Sure, you need him until he gets what he wants and sells all his AAPL and walks away with a fat bank account.  Or until his proposal gets voted down and he sells all his AAPL and walks away in search of another corporation with fat coffers that he can raid.  Either way, he is not in it for the long hall, he is not in it out of concern for other stockholders, he is in it only to further enrich himself.  Sometimes he wins, sometimes he loses, but all times he walks away.
"Back in September, we announced that the Bump team was joining Google to continue their work of getting people to expose all their personal information to Google" CEO and cofounder David Lieb wrote in the post. Fixed it.
Ha ha. Agree, a luxury car maker whose customer demographic are iPhone, not Android, users ties their product with the race-to-the-bottom, we'll-sell-your-personal-info mobile OS. This is a worse marketing decision than Ford's tie up with Microsoft.
 They also lost a ton of money on it for the first few years and dug a multibillion dollar hole in the ground that they are only starting to come out of.  Yes they sold a lot of consoles.  But they also replaced a lot of them for free.  Failure rates of at least 30% were being whispered about Xbox 360.  30%!  Yikes!
Kindle holiday sales deconstructed:     Kindles are like digital picture frames a few years ago:  Nobody wants one, everyone thinks its the perfect gift.   Hence the outsized sales jump during the gift-giving season.  Then they sit in the drawer and shit electrons for the rest of their useless lives.
 My understanding is the first Google Maps app on iPhone OS (i.e. pre-iOS) were written by Apple to use Google's mapping data.  I assume the same thing holds for Google search.  So yes, in the beginning, Google had no idea what Google Maps on the iPhone, nor the iPhone itself, looked like until the iPhone was introduced.  (Wherein E. Schmidt went scurrying out to catch a cell phone signal so he can call Google HQ right away to stop all development on Android, which is a...
 And those of us who got caught up in the mania and poured all our savings into AAPL at 699 walk the earth muttering bitter nothings into whichever ear is kind enough to give a listen.