or Connect

Posts by tundraboy

Overwhelming market share is not enough to declare a company a monopoly deserving of regulation. You also have to show that a) there are significant barriers to entry and b) the company has committed actions in restraint of trade. I don't think anyone in his right mind would claim that a significant barrier to entry exists in the tablet market and Apple's lawyers, so far, have shown that they are smart enough to keep Apple from committing the sort of criminal antitrust...
From my useless trove of precious anecdotal data, I call this the grandma market. Little Timmy wants an XBox so badly and grandma wants very much to make her grandson happy so she goes out to get an XBox and seeing as how much it will eat up her retirement check she settles for the Chinese knock-off that costs a third of but looks close enough to an XBox and gets that for little Timmy instead.When the present gets unwrapped is when we find out if little Timmy will grow up...
Xanax prescription run out? :-)
Even Apple is not immune to fragmentation as they upgrade iOS and iOS devices. There will always be older models that cannot do everything the newer models do. If they want to avoid this problem, they can do what MS did with Windows and turn iOS into a big fat blob of code.The issue is manageability. Apple juggling with 3 or 4 versions of a product to support with a centralized software update system is far, far more customer friendly that the anarchic system of...
So are you the one who will talk to each and everyone of the hundreds of millions of 'ignorant' non-geeks out there to let them know that Android tablet hardware beats the iPad 2 in every category, and that the smoother, more satisfying user experience of the iPad 2 is a) not as important as RAM and CPU specs and b) just a figment of their imagination?The era of geeks determining which tech products are purchased by the masses is over.Oh and by the way, how convenient you...
The Android tableteers if they for some reason want to be in the tablet game should just focus on third world demand with cheap Chinese knock-off quality devices. The WebOS tablet is probably stillborn or at the very least stunted. And Microsoft should forget their tablet dreams and focus on writing apps for the iPad instead. There's still a lot of money to be made there with Office for iOS, every school and company in the developed world will want it. Which brings...
i sense that cgc still has milk on his upper lip and is learning new things in class that are just blowing him away and he's just eager to share his amazing new-found knowledge with us. Also, today's youth, raised on Will Ferrell, Adam Sandler and Judd Apatow, are kind of irony impaired. Heck, he called out some poster for employing hyperbole by saying "no one will buy Android."
The reason analysts ALWAYS underestimate their projections for Apple's market share is that when Apple's competitors roll out their vaporware, the analysts predict the impact of said vaporware against Apple's existing products as if Apple will never ever update them. Do they think that Apple's innovation train stopped dead on its tracks after the last product introduction? And they get paid for such fundamentally shoddy analysis?
If it's thinner, than it's smaller without reducing the screen size. The original reports never said 'smaller screen' and NYT reporting Apple is not working on a smaller screen iPhone doesn't mean that they aren't working on a thinner model with the same screen size.
With all the news about Steve Jobs' illness in the last few years, I think you are the only AI poster who doesn't know by now that there are two types of pancreatic cancer and that Steve Jobs suffered from the rarer form which has a much higher survival rate than the one that took Patrick Swayze. But I join you in hoping that he (and anyone else who is severely ill) beats his illness.