or Connect

Posts by tundraboy

You're from Switzerland. You, most of all have no standing to criticize the United States or any other country for their immoral practices. Your country was Hitler's bankers. Even though you declared neutrality in WWII there was popular support for the Nazis in Switzerland. Even today, Switzerland refuses to return to their rightful descendants money the Nazis looted from Jews and deposited in Swiss banks. After WWII, your country continued to do business with Mafia...
Ah, you've fallen into the 'cannibalization' trap that tech 'analysts' routinely trot out whenever they feel the need to say something that sounds like they know stuff. Cannibalizing your own product is not a bad thing. I always said when asked, or even when not asked, you better be ready to cannibalize your own product because if you don't do it to yourself, your competitor will do it to you. And furthermore, if you're doing it to yourself, you're probably doing it to...
This is why Microsoft is quaking in its boots. All along they thought search was the ebola-like threat looming on the horizon. More and more it looks like it's mobile computing. MS can totally fail in search and they will still sell millions upon millions of Windows licenses. Mobile computing however is the real threat because as mobile devices get more and more powerful, people will start to turn away from laptops and desktops and just rely on their Gen 6...
Maybe they own significant amounts of Apple stock. I agree with you though, some people root for Apple like a sports fan roots for his hometown team.I think it's illegal for the people who furnish you with the means to install OS-X on non-Apple hardware. It's a fine distinction, but crucial nonetheless. That said, Apple will in all likelihood not waste resources going after the hobbyists who build the hackintosh tools as long as 1) they don't try to make a business out...
Well, this would be the conspiracy theorist's answer: Because they want to bring OS-X's shittiness quotient to Microsoftian levels. If OS-X gets installed in so many different machine configurations then it will lose its "It just works!" cachet. Everyone will have a story about hearing of someone who installed OS-X in his machine and it had so many bugs
I assume the irony is intentional. But if not, allow me to point out to you that the American judicial system, in which your faith has been recently restored might soon disappoint you again. Some of Judge Alsup's injunctions could easily apply to OSX86. To wit: "Circumventing any technological measure that effectively controls access Mac OS X, including, but not limited to, the technological measure used by Apple to prevent unauthorized copying of Mac OS X on non-Apple...
And them some. My prediction is that Apple is aiming for the ability to run/serve/manage all aspects of iPhone owners' lives through Mobile Me. That means communication, music, credit card purchases, medical records, personal documents, library access, work, school, etc. Literally, your life on an iPhone. Yes, some of these the iPhone can already do through dedicated apps or Safari, but that's still too cumbersome and Apple is all about streamlining, and simplifying the...
@extremeskater. Okay pet-peeve department here. The right usage is "I couldn't care less" not "I could care less". Try to understand what you write. If you have the capacity to care even less then you already do, that means you still care a little bit. If you don't care at all, when you've hit bottom in the caring department and you can't go any lower, then you are unable to care less i.e. you "couldn't care less". As to what you think about Android v. iPhone, I...
Actually, Microsoft never had any control over what end of the Windows PC market it will dominate because they don't sell PCs. They sell an OS which by its nature costs the same whether it's installed in a $350 POS or a $2000 gaming rig. What's driving Windows into becoming the OS for the bottom end is the intense competition among the PC makers. The only way Microsoft can establish an upmarket presence is to get the PC manufacturers to stop competing on prices --which...
I don't think an ad that offends a lot of its prospective customers can be described as great. Did the ad agency pull creatives from their beer accounts for this one? If you're female and you see this ad, you'll probably think "So Motorola's telling me I'm vain, shallow and dumb if I get an iPhone". In what planet is that ever a winning pitch?