or Connect

Posts by stonefree

You think Heritage is a reliable source of info? It's as fair and balanced as Fox News.
If the taxes in California are so bad why are we overflowing with rich people? Why are places with the lowest taxes the least desirable to live? You think Cook would want to move back to Alabama if his net income went from $21M to $20M? Highly unlikely! California is an amazing place, especially if you have money and it would really take a lot to drive the rich out.California has high taxes in some ways but in others it doesn't, because of Prop 13. I'm not saying there...
Sorry but it's you who is uninformed and fail. Since you're quoting full articles, here' the full excerpt from my link - *** Before angry voters restore Republicans to power -- in the name of "tea party populism" -- perhaps they should consider just how well right-wing rule worked out for them during the past decade. Last fall a Census Bureau study found that real median household income had declined from $52,500 in 2000, the last year that Bill Clinton was president, to...
I didn't say teachers should be taxed less. But, yes taxing Cook and all the other executives more would definitely help schools. How wouldn't it? Saying if it was that simple it would have happened is the height of ignorance. Politicians don't tax the rich because that's who pays for them to get elected to office. For a good breakdown of the ever widening disparity, see http://mobile.salon.com/opinion/cona...400/index.html Quote = "According to David Cay Johnston,...
And you have nothing to back up your claim that he wouldn't. Sure he did a good job, but any change in tax policy would have nothing to do with whether he sticks around, so I don't know why you brought that up. It really wasn't any sort of attack on Cook personally, just the injustice and inequality rampant in America. The richest state in the richest country has schools where some students don't have desks. You don't think there's anything wrong with that?
And thanks to American tax laws, he'll pay much less of a percentage of his income than teachers (thanks to Bush tax cuts and capital gains codes), yet probably complain and lobby against even the slightest increase his tax rate.
I was actually being facetious, but Apple has always struck as being as much about idealogy as anything, and their neglect of their desktop lines has become a self fulfilling prophecy about the decline of the desktop. I agree the desktop is declining in importance, now that there are quad core mobile CPUs, 500 GB 2.5" HDs, and powerful laptop graphics cards. But there is still value in desktops, especially as their components offer greater performance for less price....
Is that because - 1) they're more prone to problems 2) there's not high demand, so the refurbs sit around 3) they sell a lot of them so, therefore a lot of refurbs. I'm guessing #2, with maybe a little of #1 due to their form factor. Looking on Craigslist, you'll see really good deals for MBAs, but not good deals for MBs (not even worth getting used because of the high resale value).
They restrict the number of desktop models to make a point about how their laptop sales exceed desktop sales. They'd rather have an unsuccessful laptop (MB Air) than a new successful desktop. And since I know someone will respond with "ZOMG!!! How do you know MB Air is unsuccessful?!?!" - I live in San Francisco, the Mac capital of the US ,where so many residents have seemingly unlimited disposable income, and in the giant sea of Macs everywhere you go, I rarely see an Air.
[QUOTE=mitchelljd;1587738 or also in the "mythical Midrage Mac Tower" which never comes. remember the old days when they had alot of desktop models? damn, they are moving alot of computers, but their desktop line is smaller than it ought to be.[/QUOTE] They restrict the number of desktop models to make a point about how their laptop sales exceed desktop sales. They'd rather have an unsuccessful laptop (MB Air) than a new successful desktop. And since I know...