or Connect

Posts by Aquatic

I want a 14 or 15" macbook air.  Ready to buy when it comes out. :)   Ah I loved my 12" MBP.  My MBP 15" is still trucking nicely. My wife has MBA 11" Air and it's a cute little thing. If they keep it, they should make it even smaller with less bezel, which they could do. Harkens back to the Apple Duo days of subnotebooks. It's a cool option. In fact they should just make a touchscreen MacBook Air that runs iOS. An answer to MS Surface.  Then again, they want to sell you...
Keylogger you hit the nail on the head.  Apple is still a premium product maker.  But they have to get those MBP prices down.  They must have really fat margins.  I mean they don't even have optical drives or discrete GPUs.  Also, with my eyes I can't see the retina difference until I get close.  I don't use my laptop from 2" away.  So a low-res 15" Air would be great for me.    And they're still gimping everything for RAM and storage I see.   ​I shall wait, as the...
I am ready to buy a 15" Air.  I am also ready to wait more.  When they release, I'll be there. :)
I have a mid 2010 MacBook Pro 6,2 with Core i5 at 2.4 GHz.  Sometimes when I wake it from sleep the screen is black with a 1pixel line of random color up at the top left.  Closing and reopening the lid fixes it.  It has been going on for a month or two.  Could this be what this issue is?  I have gfxCardStatus, always have, and it happens on either integrated or discrete graphics. It happens when the machine cold, not running much on CPU, so I presume thermal issues are not...
NTFS write support is needed and would be appreciated by a huge number of users.  NTFS 3G FUSE the open source driver used to give me periodic kernel panics with VMs open from VMware or Parallels so I jetisoned it a while back.  Built in NTFS support in VMs is getting me by for now.    Anyway this is long overdue and very surprising it wasn't added almost a decade ago.  It makes Apple and Macs look bad, and incompatible.  Such an easy fix.  Of course Windows doesn't...
WOW. This is awesome!!!! I may not like iOS much but this is just cool. Way to bring some coolness and loyalty back Apple.
lol
Looks like Android now. This is a good thing for usability most likely. I always found iOS hard to use and confusing. If the iPhone ever becomes the better product I'm ready to try it. Still, it doesn't look even close to a Samsung phone in terms of meeting my use case requirements though.
Ugh. The rabidity of tech fanboys in general is wearing thin on me. But iPhone is a new level. Android has a lot of advantages over iPhone. Chiefly being choice in hardware. IF a big screen is your main desire in a phone, obviously you should take a look at Android devices. However, someone mentioned the Samsung S III screen. It's garbage. All AMOLED screens are crap. Pentile, and very very dim. Nevertheless, I like its large size. A lot.   The best screen now is the...