or Connect

Posts by Aquatic

Keylogger you hit the nail on the head.  Apple is still a premium product maker.  But they have to get those MBP prices down.  They must have really fat margins.  I mean they don't even have optical drives or discrete GPUs.  Also, with my eyes I can't see the retina difference until I get close.  I don't use my laptop from 2" away.  So a low-res 15" Air would be great for me.    And they're still gimping everything for RAM and storage I see.   ​I shall wait, as the...
I am ready to buy a 15" Air.  I am also ready to wait more.  When they release, I'll be there. :)
I have a mid 2010 MacBook Pro 6,2 with Core i5 at 2.4 GHz.  Sometimes when I wake it from sleep the screen is black with a 1pixel line of random color up at the top left.  Closing and reopening the lid fixes it.  It has been going on for a month or two.  Could this be what this issue is?  I have gfxCardStatus, always have, and it happens on either integrated or discrete graphics. It happens when the machine cold, not running much on CPU, so I presume thermal issues are not...
NTFS write support is needed and would be appreciated by a huge number of users.  NTFS 3G FUSE the open source driver used to give me periodic kernel panics with VMs open from VMware or Parallels so I jetisoned it a while back.  Built in NTFS support in VMs is getting me by for now.    Anyway this is long overdue and very surprising it wasn't added almost a decade ago.  It makes Apple and Macs look bad, and incompatible.  Such an easy fix.  Of course Windows doesn't...
WOW. This is awesome!!!! I may not like iOS much but this is just cool. Way to bring some coolness and loyalty back Apple.
lol
Looks like Android now. This is a good thing for usability most likely. I always found iOS hard to use and confusing. If the iPhone ever becomes the better product I'm ready to try it. Still, it doesn't look even close to a Samsung phone in terms of meeting my use case requirements though.
Ugh. The rabidity of tech fanboys in general is wearing thin on me. But iPhone is a new level. Android has a lot of advantages over iPhone. Chiefly being choice in hardware. IF a big screen is your main desire in a phone, obviously you should take a look at Android devices. However, someone mentioned the Samsung S III screen. It's garbage. All AMOLED screens are crap. Pentile, and very very dim. Nevertheless, I like its large size. A lot.   The best screen now is the...
Solip I agree..It's frustrating to be bombarded by websites telling me they have an "app". Though I would not mind if I could just check a box saying "Thanks, do not remind me again."    I do NOT want a Citibank app or some other sensitive app on my phone accessing other info. The lines between work, home, entertainment, finance, etc. are blurring on mobile platforms. For some, it is good and worth the convenience. For me personally I'm not adopting this approach, at...