or Connect

Posts by Aquatic

Yea, just recompile it. To run at native x86 speed. Just click Recompile and select Turbo.  If you could go ahead and come in Saturday and do that, that'd be great mmmk. Oh, and one more thing. If you could go ahead and come in Sunday, that would be really great. Mmkk? 
well guess what it's already flying. I've seen a lot of surfaces and other 2in1 actually.   People said that about phablets too. People kept drinking koolaid here with all the 640 K ought to be enough for anybody stuff and by that I mean 4" oh that's good enough for anyone crowd.  Well guess what my eyes are bad and it never cut it. It's why I went Droid at first, that plus Google Navigation actually. Once I discovered all the other stuff like voice recognition which it...
melgross a sage comment re: outspokenness. Still have to say I like this guy. Crashing that AT&T party? That was badass.   So can I hack the Apple Watch to use with my Galaxy Note? Half-kidding. Since the thing is so big sometimes it's hard to take in and out of my skinny jeans pocket. Kidding. Mostly. Hipsters with iPhone 6, ya'll know.
like you said Wiz it's about what's next. New product categories. And yes, Windows 8 sucks, I use it plenty and Metro sucks. Completely. But I like that MS tried. But the hardware components are there, waiting for someone like Apple to make it work. Apple took existing tech and made the iPhone, which was the first useable smartphone. Time to do the same for 2in1.  What better than a company that makes good hardware and has OS X and iOS. Only thing is, is that I hope it'd...
Wizard good point I can definitely see Apple doing great things with convergence. After all.. To take it old school.. The Duo was a great desktop and laptop. dklebedev I get what you mean.. And I would have agreed with you until this year. The tech has now arrived that 2in1 works, works well, and is cheap enough. if Apple prices it mid to high that will avoid cannibalizing the other products but the users that truly want this will still buy it. Seems like it'd be worth a...
meanwhile this happened http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile-computing/laptops/samsung-unveils-12-inch-retina-macbook-air-competitor-with-12-hour-battery-life-1278477   I want this but running OS X and perhaps iOS with a touchscreen (maybe as a 'pro' vers. of this kind of a product, with the regular edition with nontouch screen)
Surface is actually a great idea, albeit poorly executed. Windows 8 Metro was bold and different, but also crappy and horrible. Nice they tried being original though got to give them that. But convergence is not a good business strategy for Apple, because it's much more profitable to sell you all an iPad and a laptop instead of just a laptop with touch and iOS mode.  As much as that would be a great product, I don't see it happening until iPad sales start tanking perhaps...
Yeah I wouldn't want to drastically curb performance for fanless, but I would like it, if it's basically staying at the same level or perhaps the tiniest dip.  I don't know for a face but I imagine even the fan itself uses power.  So fanless would go hand in hand with huge battery increase right? That'd be neat.  wizard yes I see it is Intel here we are waiting on some next gen stuff from.     As for Flash, Apple and people have been saying that for a long time. well I...
I have been holding my hand out with my wallet open for Apple for so long my hand is gonna fall off. C'mon already with the 14 or 15" Air.  Fanless would be a neat bonus although I wonder how it would work for those of us in a hot climate, using it on a summer day in a car, and firing up a Flash video? Can see some thermal issues there.  I am sure Apple will be one of the first to go fanless if that becomes an engineering/business reality but I don't know if the tech is...
sweet idea