or Connect

Posts by RobM

qftSad state journalism is in. Sensationalist hyped up bs designed for Internet consumption.Ethics ? Professionalism ? Integrity ?Thrown out the window for clicks. pffft
Wait. Lookit - the case is bent ! bendgate II begins ....
True.Apple need to beef up their cases a new study has revealed.
Wow - that's from close range ! I wouldn't have thought anything other than a metal case would have stood up to a shotgun blast - oh yes, of course riot gear's made out of composites, I know. But still a plastic phone case ... insane.
Sammy have a big push to keep sales going here in NZ - all carriers offering interest free on S6 models.
ahh - yes GT. Very true, a reliable indicator is what's required. Heck ye olde plastic cuff and electric pump is nothing more than that anyway. SOP in my med centre is they take 3 readings with those and more often than not they then use the middle values returned. shrug
Thanks. I've since done a little reading around - there has been quite a lot of work in this area.Nothing "off the shelf" that Apple could buy or licence that's ready to go that I've been able to find yet.So, yes - years away by the look of it.
The big medical sensor missing on the Apple watch is blood pressure. If they can incorporate a reliable bp sensor the watch will rule. I'm not sure about the science in that area but I have had exposure to the vagaries of cuffs used in traditional methods. I'm very sure Apple know this already and are working on it.
Doubly complicated by the other big brand competitors forced to operate in that space. There will not be enough profit margin for all.
I really don't like to see the "little guy" lose but this was inevitable, sadly. Apple will take out the mid & upper tiers of the smart watch market leaving the rest of the competitors the bottom end. You're going to need a really good product to survive and even that may not be enough. I hope Pebble makes it through and can carve out a profitable business - looking extremely doubtful though.