or Connect

Posts by RobM

Doomed - a pebble sinks to the bottom much like a stone, just a little slower.
idc about whatever functionality it might posses - it's butt ugly.
ahh - found this. Uses mini DP - pretty cool http://www.kanexlive.com/snapx NOT compatible with the TB display, unfortunately :-( If they bring out a TB switch sometime in the future - you'd be golden. cheers
Ok - the only gotcha is you will have to power off whichever machine you're not using. You can't have say, the mini asleep and then plug the MBP in. There is no choice or button to switch between input sources like on a tv. The display defaults to the last active connection. The answer to this would be a TB KVM switch but I don't know of any out there at the moment. cheers,r
Yes it will work. I think you may be over thinking this. /polite tag The TB display is also a docking station. Has firewire 800, Ethernet, USB ports. All that data flow is handled over the TB link to a computer. edit: I got my wife a MBA - she uses a big monitor at home so we had to buy a TB to hdmi adapter. I also hard wired the MBA to Ethernet using a USB to Ethernet adapter. IF I had bought her a TB display I would have used the single TB cable to connect the MBA to...
umm, 2 TB cables ? One from Mac mini - one from Mbp. Swap them at the display
This is what journalism is these days - mention two names often enough in an article that barely contains any structure - hey, now that's news ! It's sad - just noise, spin, whatever you want to call it.
Larry Page challenges for the Americas Cup !
Try using "tehBig1Johnson.Works everytime :-)"Industrial Strength passwords only on AI !They go the distance." (TM)
hmm, I kind of agree although it's sort of somewhat ambiguous :-)