or Connect

Posts by RobM

Yea - all I'm saying is that given the impossibilities that are there from the technical side, that we as users can get close to accurate colour. 15 years ago it really was a pig in a poke, a lucky dip with the crts These days we can get damn close. Display prefs calibration interface hasn't changed in what heck jeez it's prolly been the same for 15 years as well. I think I rember the same back on old Mac OS 9, maybe even 8 - (Alzheimer's here)
Yep - that's why we always monitor output with a broadcast monitor for video. It's why PS has had a CMYK preview for years for soft proofing. It's why fcp and other video editors have over on whites, chroma and under on blacks. It's why there's a host of software scopes monitoring output. If you can get your computer monitor close to the output of your workspace it makes life easier. Display prefs offers options to save different profiles. Which we can use for different...
Yeah - I know a lot of it is subjective and it gets messy as hell without getting super specific. I'm not suggesting LUts or anything that sophisticated - although that would be fantastic.I'm not sure of the specs on this panel ( should dig around) but it would appear to me that it is very responsive to adjustments.When I grade for video or for press or whatever the first thing you want to have control of is your gamma. I was suggesting that the whole colour prefs needs a...
One of the other things I fooled around with was in Display prefs>Colour Tuning this display using expert mode, ahem, was giving my eyes a better result than in the past. Default gamma of 2.2 - but really a nice picture. Hit 1.8 and it blows out. I wish they'd reverse that and put the gamma and white point at the beginning of the tune process. I would like Apple to beef that old girl up (Display Colour) - the flexibility in this display almost demands it - wait no, it's...
Big fan here of Life Proof cases on iPads. Not on phones though. I take my iPad 2 to sea and use it as a chartplotter. This frees up my combo unit to use as a sounder only without having to hop between screens or use split screen. Pretty much bullet proof and waterproof - yes it adds some bulk but the trade offs worth it for me.
I had a flounder around on the base model 27 iMac. Beautiful display. Opened up Pages with the blank A4 template, changed it to A3 at 100%. Used the default of 11 point text. A little small for my old eyes but legible and smooth as. Changed the zoom to 150, 165, fit to width (which zoomed it in to about 360% F me ! Wow)The text rendering is fantastic. Beautiful. In a proper page layout program you'd get 2 A3 pages side by side at 100%. Full length in portrait. With some...
I'd like to see that !You Tube ? Vimeo ?
Qft Or we're just that f'n spoiled we'll bitch and moan - because we can !
Jeez, isn't it absolutely fantastic we have this many choices ?Really, spoiled for choice how we might integrate tech into our lives.We bitch and moan about this and that and on what device is better and on what we spend our money on.Step back even 10 years ..... incredible really./Thoughtful aside over
@ Soli Yep - iPhone 6+ doesn't really challenge for screen real estate but it's kinda right on the cusp of where consumers will spend their money. I said before I love the form factor of the mini but I put a higher value on the size of a full iPad. I know I don't need three devices but certainly 2. That said I prefer the 6 form factor over the 6+ So for me a phone and iPad is best. Some people may opt for a middle solution money wise and go for the 6+ and iPad In both of...