or Connect

Posts by acslater017

Hehe it's not dead. Not reliable, either, apparently
Yea, I also find the Einstein comparison to be off. Steve was not a scientific genius. He was not even an engineer. Rather, he transformed industry, everyday technology & communications, and entertainment. More of a Bell, Ford, and Disney wrapped into one
It's been said before, but Apple is in good hands. It's not surprising to me that Apple has been so successful lately. They're truly hitting on all cylinders, from beginning to end: -Jony Ive arguably leads the most brilliant design team in consumer electronics -Apple uses its cash to secure cheap, dependable supply chains -Corporate secrecy feeds curiosity, surprise, etc. about Apple's releases -As the article mentioned, their system of inventory is very...
I'll be honest, I was initially pretty underwhelmed by the initial iPad launch. To be frank, it was one of Apple's/Jobs' most boring keynotes ever. I don't blame for Steve for not being a dynamo of energy at that point in time. But it lacked that usual Apple electricity. To be clear, I think the iPad is a pretty cool product now - I have an iPad 2. I think part of the misunderstanding of it was that the iPad is so plain physically. Beautiful, slim, capable. But it's...
As unfortunate as this is for Mac fans, I suppose it's better safe than sorry. If an explosion like the one at Foxconn happened again, and they had ignored strange smells, people would have blamed them for not taking the proper precautions. Good to see these plants valuing safety. Having said that, I hope they can get the plant back online soon and get those new MBPs out! Hopefully USB 3.0 is in the works due to the new Intel chips?
I'm a big fan of Apple's products, but iOS is getting a bit dated. Don't get me wrong - iOS 5 is an awesome upgrade. It's extremely well-rounded and would be my recommendation for 90% of my friends. But the whole "enormous page of app shortcuts" layout is getting tired. It is far from "simple and efficient" when you've got 100+ apps, and the only thing to organize/clean them is to drag them one-by-one into folders of no more than 12 apps. I would prefer a more OS X-like...
1) By "his time was limited", I don't think they necessarily mean that he "could drop dead at any moment". The time of a CEO of his calibre is probably limited anyway, but this was probably exacerbated by his health problems. 2) I think the article is saying that the 2012 iPhone was the last thing he touched from start to finish. At least as far as "finished" means in the world of unreleased products. The next-gen iPhone is probably mostly finished at this point in terms...
"Astonishingly misguided" is a good description. I'd add: embarrassing, vainglorious, immature, opportunistic, and tacky. Just because you add a Coldplay-esque track to it doesn't make it inspiring or cool!!
Oh come on. I guess if a person loves taking pictures with their iPhone they cannot be called a "shutterbug" due to aforementioned lack of shutter...
I'm not a doctor, but no I don't think he "suffocated' - merely that he stopped breathing. I don't mean to sound morbid, but it sounds like he was surrounded by his family, who said that he passed away peacefully - rather than a resuscitation-type situation. In addition, they've known since February that he was only his final leg, and for at least a few days beforehand, I think, that it was really imminent. He probably slipped away peacefully and his "respiration arrested. "