or Connect

Posts by acslater017

I think Google Glass is pretty lame as it is currently. But I'll admit that there's a nugget of potential if things can get 10x cheaper and 10x smaller and 10x more functional - which actually does tend to happen in consumer electronics.    $1,500 to look like a cyborg and shout commands at your forehead is stupid. $150 for a pair of prescription/fashion glasses that are more or less indistinguishable from normal eyeglasses? Why not? See notifications, reminders,...
Maybe lag isn't the right word - but it certainly doesnt compare with Apple's other 2012 products. I would put its performance on par with the iPad 2.You can feel the difference in Maps, GarageBand, Safari (esp. multiple tabs). I love the Mini's form factor - just holding off til there's a Retina, A6 and 1 GB RAM.
Sad, defensive, reaching, dreck.
Jony Ive excels at sweating the details and essentially being sympathetic to the end user. What's the experience of using a product for the first time? How can you make things both simple and powerful? While Ive might not be able to write code, these are things that iOS desperately needs right now. Setting up, moving files, changing settings, moving between apps, etc are inelegant as is.
That's a pretty immature attitude. Google/Android was very derivative in the early days but they've upped their game and have arguably surpassed the iOS UI in the past two years. What sucks about iOS specifically?-no file system. Androids can be used as external storage or access SD cards. iOS is stuck in an iPod syncing paradigm. It's so simple that it makes things more difficult.-no at a glance info. Everything requires opening an app, or is extremely limited info on the...
Apple is making a lot of money and released a ton of improved products between March and October 2012. But their execution isn't exactly sterling, and they haven't created big wave in a long time. I'm not a "sky is falling" type by any means - I realize that this is part of their normal product cycle (heck, 6 years between iPod and iPhone).  If we're honest, let's take a look at some less-than-perfect Apple news over the past year: -new Retail chief Josh Browett screwed...
This is why we need bear spray-armed guards at every elementary school and Apple Store. I would feel much safer if at least 1 or 2 unknown individuals at each school and store had bear spray on their person.   /s
Apple didn't like John Browett.    JCP isn't a good fit for Ron Johnson.   Apple needs a retail SVP.   Everybody swallow their pride and restore balance to the Force! 
I admittedly must be missing something. But shouldn't a doctor be able to diagnose a concussion without an iPad? Or maybe it will be used to transmit/receive brain images? Or link into the player's history of injury or other records? In other words, I wonder what the iPad brings to the table.
Additional $80 billion per year, so thats roughly $20 billion more revenue per quarter...$25 billion more profit each year.With the expanded product like and increased revenue, I predict the stock will dive to about $250.