or Connect

Posts by acslater017

I looked up the original data and the sums add up to more than 100% because they included apps that changed pricing model during the study period. That is, if they started out paid and then moved to free within the survey period, they were counted twice. Not due to rounding. Good eye though. I don't know why people take these things so personally. I love my iPhone, but if using another brand of phone/OS/app store makes someone happy, so be it! I dunno why people why need...
It's a rumor calm down
I couldn't think of any good reason why Apple would want Sony - but you bring up some interesting points. There might be a few fields where a purchase would give them more leverage. Apple TV - Sony televisions (e.g. Bravia)/Blu-ray players iTunes/iPod - Sony Music; Television studio iLife - digital cameras/camcorders App Store/iOS - PlayStation However, Apple's philosophy has always been (under Jobs, anyway) to focus on a few products and do them well. I think the whole...
Compliment = Say nice things Complement = Make complete The separate battery compartments seems contrary to Apple's unremovable, huge battery philosophy. I mean, they have videos on their website explaining why it's better to have one enormous battery rather than separate ones with their accompanying support structures. The other design changes seem welcome though. Personally, I'm much more excited about Lion than I am about a new MacBook Air...
I could see why you'd say that, but I disagree. Cupping the left corner drops about 2 bars of reception. On the other hand, the new antenna design gives me noticeably better reception when it is not cupped. Calls from my bedroom used to drop every 10 minutes or so. Now drops are pretty rare. Apple External Antenna Design:Pros +Better reception (usually) +External rigidity (no more hairline fractures hopefully) +Increased internal volume +thinner designCons -Drops 2...
Your opinion would have more credibility if you actually backed it up with some kind of argument or reasoning. We're mostly big fans of Apple products on this forum, but that doesn't mean that we hate on every other company/product. It's one thing to dislike a trailer - it is what it is. But I'll reserve judgement on Windows 7 mobile since I've never used it or seen it in action.
iTV: Slideout keyboard, two batteries.
I dislike ads in general, but I understand that they underpin/subsidize many kinds of media content. So long as they are not intrusive and help developers make a living writing apps (for cheap), then this is good news.
Wow. Mental math...11,000 posts....9 years....what is that, 3 or 4 posts per day?! I guess if anyone is a judge on a loss of objectivity... But what do I know, I only have 113 posts.
Nice attempt at being clever. But, IF this call-dropping behavior is widespread, it is hardly comparable to blocking the mic or screen. A phone call should not depend on your grip any more than a car's engine should depend on the posture of the driver. It's not as if people are wrapping their iPhone 4s in aluminum foil - they're holding it in their left hand for goodness sake. If there's a design flaw, there's a design flaw. If there's not, there's not. But your "wry"...