or Connect

Posts by acslater017

Nice attempt at being clever. But, IF this call-dropping behavior is widespread, it is hardly comparable to blocking the mic or screen. A phone call should not depend on your grip any more than a car's engine should depend on the posture of the driver. It's not as if people are wrapping their iPhone 4s in aluminum foil - they're holding it in their left hand for goodness sake. If there's a design flaw, there's a design flaw. If there's not, there's not. But your "wry"...
One of the biggest misjudgments (in my opinion) people my make is choosing black products because they think that white ones show blemishes too much. This is only true for white clothes, white shoes, etc. where one might get dirt on it. What are you gonna get on your white iPhone - mud? Grass stains? No, on a mobile device, oil/fingerprints, scratches, and dust are more likely to show up. White covers all of these things much better than black. I am constantly wiping...
Personally, I would never wait in line for something that I could get shipped to my home. But I can understand the fun of the anticipation, camaraderie, etc. That is why people go to a movie debut at midnight when they can just go at lunchtime the next day.
Maybe it's because I live in the US, but I've never owned a phone with video chat. I've never known anyone who has a phone that has video chat. And I've certainly never met anyone whose phone has easy-to-use, elegantly interfaced video chat.Regarding Wi-Fi limitations, cellular networks obviously cover more area than Wi-Fi networks. But, I'm probably not gonna use it while I'm walking or driving. Maybe it would be fun while on public transportation (?) but even that would...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/techdar...82434/sizes/l/ ^Take a look here if you're curious. The display (shown here using iMovie) still looks gorgeous to me! I'm waiting (assuming it's not forever) for the white one because 1) The back looks very classy. The white front might look a little cheesy though. 2) It will hide fingerprints and dust much better than black. 3) The white body combined with stainless steel band just looks amazing in my opinion. Like milk and...
I cannot imagine many people being interested in doing full-length editing on the iPad or iPhone. The reason that the iPhone has iMovie is so that you can edit the short videos that you take on that device. If you're going to shoot on a separate device (i.e. video camera), it makes a lot more sense to edit and render in iMovie, Final Cut, etc. The touch interface of the iPad would make editing pretty fun, but I doubt the A4 is up to the task. That being said, iMovie looks...
Yea same here. 3 or 4 weeks into owning my 3G, I rested it on my lap as I was driving, forgot it was there and got out of the car My iPhone landed on the gravely parking lot ground and I nearly had a heart attack. The bezel was quite marred, but the glass was spotless!
YES! These have been my three gripes for the 2 years I've had my iPhone 3G. 1) It's very un-Apple that notifications are this big "TEXT MESSAGE FROM JOHN!!!" purple box that covers everything. 2) An at-a-glance screen for your calendar, weather, notifications, etc. would be nice. Either as a lock screen, alternate home screen page, or part of the search page? 3) Turning on and off the radios drove me crazy when I first got my iPhone. I just gave up. Now I just leave...
1) An SMS only works if your message happens to be less than <160 characters (this is called a "Tweet", not a conversation) 2) Why do people talk at all, if they can text and email each other? Because it is natural, fast, emotive, and 100 other things. 3) As you can see in the video, the iPhone 4 can stand vertically. Someone who is hard of hearing could easily initiate a FaceTime call, set it down and begin signing. Have you ever seen someone sign before? It is many...
I suggest you wait until after WWDC 2010 to make that decision Apple has a way of making irresistible products.