or Connect

Posts by acslater017

I love Apple, but nearly EVERYTHING they do is closed and proprietary. I guess it's OK if your closed system provides excellent quality (e.g. OS X & App Store) but if it produces processor hogs than too bad.
As soon as I get a $3000 gift card to the Apple store I'll get a 17" MBP and iPad
"first significant updates...in over a year"? wow i guess AI really expects this to be on par with the unibody introduction in october '08. otherwise the last minor changes were at wwdc last june (minor spec bumps, price drops, sd card), 10 months ago. I guess a whole change in processor generation would be good enough reason to add other features as well. I just hope they're not all too busy with iPad and iPhone OS 4
It was probably also for the benefit of Americans who don't know what a "torch" is...besides the thing you use to hunt down the Frankenstein monster.
I really disagree. Apple's industrial design is their most recognizable quality. From iMac to iPod to iPhone, Jonny Ive has his fingerprints on every product from the past dozen years (AKA Apple's resurgence). If anyone has secured his worth to Apple, it's Ive.
Apple doesn't even like removable batteries. I doubt they'll ever use the sun for anything.
It must drive Jobs crazy to not be in control of this situation. He doesn't strike me as the type to preserve old things. If it was up to him, I'm sure he'd discard the building like a floppy drive.
I would say that it's moved in both directions. Super-slick, graphic intensive apps (e.g. AAA video games) can require hundreds of people and millions of dollars. On the other hand, the App Store provides a somewhat more level playing field with regards to marketing and distribution. A developer could make an app, submit it to Apple and have millions of downloads. There is no need for marketing, a website, servers, etc.
I'm not a big fan of flash (I have to sign on with a Guest account to watch some websites! can someone help me?), but couldn't Virgin just check what browser the visitor is using? If it's a computer, use Flash. If it's a mobile device, don't use flash? I'm probably missing something.
My house could use one of these. My calls get dropped all the time. Reception fluctuates between 0/1 bar EDGE to 4 bars 3G I wonder though, do you need to register every phone that uses the microcell? The website says that you can let your friends use it, but do you have to log on to the website and register your friends' numbers to your account?