or Connect

Posts by acslater017

The ribbon (at least some parts of it) is the one thing I enjoy about the PC version of Office. VERY quickly, I can set things that I prefer: 0.5" margins all around, font, size, landscape, etc. I could see how some people wouldn't like it, especially if you don't have time to get used to it. Unfortunately, this was the one feature left out of Mac Office 2007 (or am I wrong?)
Haha, I think I am in almost the exact same situation. Bought a LUMIX GF1 in December, currently using iPhoto to organize (though ran out of hard drive space a long time ago), using CS2 to edit, which is painfully slow. I am waiting for the i5 MacBook Pros to come out, then I will actually be able to run these programs, and not have to delete movies every time I edit photos
LOL these Geekbench scores are TWICE those of my '06 Core Duo MacBook (2.0 GHz). This will be quite the upgrade for me: It's amazing how quickly tech improves.
Like most Mac fans, I enjoy a little bit of light-hearted teasing of Microsoft/PCs now and then. But sometimes Apple execs (Jobs, Serlet, even the teddy bear Phil Schiller) fall right into that stereotype of snooty self-seriousness. Both Ballmer and Gates, in general, are good sports and give credit to Apple for making good products. They are at times tasteless and obnoxious, but at the end of the day they act decently toward Apple. Apple never seems to say anything...
Hmm, how can we force a connection between this and the tablet?
Ooh! That sounds cool. Too bad everyone would be fighting over it! Although the sharing aspect of it seems somewhat contradictory to the "curl up with a book" interaction that we've been hearing about. How do you market a product as both intimate and public? Do I throw it in my bag, or leave it on the kitchen counter? I suppose I currently do both with the newspaper. And will Apple provide a satisfactory way of cleaning the device, given that so many people will use it in...
If had to bet money, I would bet on a re-branding the "iBook" name. Tablet = clunky, simply re-hashing the form factor. MacBook, not "iLaptop". Although "iPhone" is like that... Slate = too Flinstones. Sounds primitive rather than futuristic or elegant. Although there's always the "clean slate" allegory... iPad= gross. Even if it's juvenile, it's still gross. Sounds too much like "iPod". Australians will get so confused! iBook = familiar, simple, elegant. Book =...
My bet is that both the next-gen iPhone AND the tablet will run the same operating system, OS 4.0. Perhaps they will be slightly different (e.g. different resolutions), but more or less the same. iLife 2010 will run on both Mac OS X and the Tablet.
It used to take a day or two, but in the past year or two, it's been up afternoon time the same day
Yea, same here. I'm thinking of updating my first-gen MacBook to a 15" i5 MBP. But I'm gonna be pretty torn between that and the tablet. A MBP would be more practical, but a tablet would be so fun!