or Connect

Posts by acslater017

...but if you get kicked out of the university, it's covered by the NDA
Perhaps this article should be labeled as an "opinion" piece. Sure, this whole site is about rumors and speculation - but at least those rumor articles are presented somewhat objectively: "This party thinks that such-and-such product will emerge around such-and-such time". Speculation yes, but not pure opinion. The more I read this, the more one-sided I realized it was. "Microsoft will fail because of A,B,C..." with almost zero view about the other side. I love...
Those are the 2 proximity sensors (for turning off the screen when you're on a call and put the phone to your ear) and the light sensor (for dimming the screen in dark environments, brightening it in bright environments). But I'm glad to hear that Apple is on this. The "at-a-glance" screen and the inability to quickly access settings are probably two of my biggest complaints about the interface.
But the "integration" is only between iTunes and iPod/iPhone. So yes, the excellent software-hardware integration is what made Apple so successful. But those iTunes Store files cannot integrate with, say, a Zune. The goal of this collaboration is to make all digital purchases integrate-able with all hardware. If Apple's success is really due to its integration, it should have nothing to fear from removing DRM from its store. The truth is, those restrictions have helped...
PS - It's also great for quickly creating CDs of a certain genre/mood.
I personally like the Genius feature, at least for selecting songs (rather than the iTunes store). It's more guided than the shuffle function. If I'm in a certain mood, or I'm digging a particular song, it's really neat for the iPhone/iPod to be able to create an on-the-fly playlist of similar songs and artists. I've only had it on my iTunes for a day or two, and it's helped me rediscover a handful of songs I haven't listened to in quite some time It's especially helpful...
Maybe Snow Leopard will be small as s***, have a slide-out keyboard, and two separate batteries.
Great. The iPhone now costs me $200 LESS upfront. And only $240 dollars MORE over a 2-year contract! Sweet!
wow, that's an extremely speculative article title.
if it was JUST the name "airpod", or JUST the clickwheel-looking fan, i would say that this is bogus and that apple's just being stupid. i mean, apple didn't invent the word "pod." however, given the combination of the two, apple might have an argument \ for better or worse