or Connect

Posts by acslater017

those shows are enjoyed in the context of fantasy/game. it's an entirely different thing in the corporate/political world, where things are taken much more seriously. cruelty to game show contestants has nothing to do with the attitude a company should take - especially a company with an "outsider" status. why should the little guy (i.e. mac, with its tiny japanese market share) belittle everyone else? although, with apple's emphasis on clean design, reliability and...
What's with the "not next friday" jabber? ..."I'm thinking of a friday after Friday the 12th and Friday the 19th, but still within October." they must really be cutting it close - possibly only two weeks 'til launch, and they don't have a date pinned down yet? i guess they enjoy the excitement of it all. either that, or there's a decent chance at a delay, but they don't want to announce it unless it's 100% certain.
yes, but will it come in brown?
my iBook won't run Liger?
so was the screen issue only with the 16 GB models? i was going to pick up an 8 GB model and then hesitated when i heard about the screen...if it's just the 16 gig ones, then i'll order my 8 GB soon!
if 3G is currently unfeasible power-wise, i'd be impressed if they could pull off 3G and GPS by early '08. 2-hour battery life?
I think it's a matter of diminishing returns. You can please 95% of listeners and spend substantially less time/money on sound processing. After all, hasn't iTunes served up 1 billion+ songs at 128 kbps? People might be able to tell, but they probably don't care, or they don't wanna pay more for it or sacrifice the disk space. I'm no audiophile, but I can tell the difference between medium-quality MP3 (128, 192 kbps) and WAV/Lossless. And I do rip my absolute favorite CDs...
is this a review? it seems more like an article explaining Apple's iPod lineup, with a rating thrown in at the end... i suppose the Classic is already somewhat familiar to most people, but i'm not sure what to think of this piece... was the original review focusing on the Classic too short? maybe the middle section should become its own article, and the Classic-related tidbits pieced together for a review don't mean any disrespect, i love appleinsider...this was just a...
Comparing it to the iPhone's audio and video playback times (24 hrs, 7 hrs) the Touch has a bit less capacity (22 hrs, 5 hrs). The iPhone's internet use is rated at 6 hours, so I don't think it's unreasonable to assume the Touch gets a little less than this.
OR, like complaining that a Porsche has a small trunk. The Touch is made to be slim, fast and have decent battery life. Those would be impossible with a harddrive. Even if you didn't mind it being thick, I think battery life would be unmarketable with HDD+Big Display+WiFi+MultiTouch+Sensors(Accelerometer, Light)!