or Connect

Posts by acslater017

It's debatable whether or not Apple should have apologized. But if that's the decision that was come to, Forstall's refusal to accept it may have been the last straw in a series of culture clashes and not falling in line. Even if you disagree with a decision, it's pretty bad if you stubbornly refuse and make your boss shoulder it.    That and iOS is pretty tacky sometimes. Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean pretty much outclass it, which is sad. 
While Forstall deserves credit for doing amazing things for iOS early on, I think iOS has stagnated quite a bit in recent years. The look is sometimes gaudy and cartoonish. Everything is siloed and excessively app-centric. The lock screen, homescreen, etc. are stuck in 2007. Simple things like moving files are forced into a tedious iTunes syncing process. Not that it all falls on Forstall personally.I don't know Ive's experience in UIs per se, but I trust his taste and...
  The cheapest MacBook Pro is still customizable, except for the battery. The RAM and HDD are easily replaceable.    If this is your goal, simply don't purchase the Retina model.
Guys, don't feed the troll.
I've experienced the "static" on both my keyboard and when expanding folders. Not a huge deal, but disconcerting the first time I saw it since I didn't know if something was wrong with the display itself.(Verizon iPhone 5, 32 GB, white)
Bingo. Some folks just don't understand what goes into a product's final assembly. They think, "Americans could put that together. I'd pay another $10 if it was made in the USA. Why don't they move the factory to America?". What they don't realize:   -the hundreds of parts that go into, say, an iPhone and its packaging are mostly produced in East Asia: other parts of China, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam. Some from the US.    -Chinese cities and facilities...
Not a bad idea - at least those 400 cities or so might see some improvements. Couldn't hurt, at least. Maybe in the next iOS update, they can make it super easy for all users to improve the accuracy.
I'd have to see more samples to make a judgment, but it seems like a nonissue to me. I can see the headlines: "iPhone 5 Photos Contain Artifacts When Pointed Directly at Sun". SunGate!
1) He's the co-founder of Apple.   2) He's one of the few figures in the tech industry who is so honest and forthright. He loves Apple but isn't afraid to call them out. He's got the most street cred of anybody in the Valley with 30 years of goodwill and experience.   3) He's a technical genius and is usually very fair and balanced. For goodness sake, he carries around like 6 brands of phone with him at all times. That gives him a pretty good perspective.    I'd say his...
I like how the tables and benches look like Apple Store furniture :P