or Connect

Posts by acslater017

The cylindrical MagSafe adapters can tug the machine pretty easily. If you pull parallel to the left edge (basically just tug the cord straight along the direction of the cylinder) , even a larger MacBook will move.  The square ones are much more loose IMO, in a good way. As long as they've fixed the issue of the fraying cable (which I'm sure they have), this seems like an improvement. Perhaps as they move towards thinner designs, they also want to create a flatter...
  To be honest, the "Pro" moniker doesn't mean a whole lot. I'd bet the 13-inch "Pro" is their most popular model for students, teachers, and office workers doing nothing more than Office, Safari, and Mail. 
If they're going to differentiate it from the regular 13-inch Pro, then a discrete graphics card would be desirable. You're attracting customers who are willing to pay a bit more for performance and more cutting-edge features. On a related note, I wonder if such a machine could even run the Retina display at satisfactory performance using integrated graphics?  I could easily see them selling a Retina 13-inch MBP for say, $1,599 for the 256 GB model. 512 MB video card,...
Oops, that's what I meant. 4x the current 13" resolution. Thanks for the correction.
I was just thinking today that a 13-inch version of the new Retina display MBP would be right up my alley. I've currently got a 15-inch MBP, and would be totally willing to make the display real estate sacrifice for a 13-inch Retina. I'd like something more portable, but I'm a little hesitant to make the speed and I/O sacrifice of the Air.    I'm thinking:   13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display (early 2013) $1499   2880 by 1800 pixel...
Dunno if it's real or not, but previous leaks pegged the new headphone jack to be on the bottom left (when viewing the phone's face). These position it on the bottom right...
  I can't really comment authoritatively on the stock market, but I thought the upgrades were great.    I was hoping for some big change to the home screen/multitasking interface - Mission Control, Widgets, scrollable folders, quick settings access, etc. Didn't get any of that. At least not yet - they've thrown in features after the Beta release and even after the GM, so let's see. But on the other hand they did add some wonderful features. Navigation was iOS' most...
  Really? I was really surprised that iOS 6 will support back to iPhone 3GS.What are you disappointed by, lack of first-gen iPad support? 
Neat feature. Another example of Apple trying to improve people's everyday tasks with technology.    Can't help but wonder if this will precede some sort of NFC implementation in future hardware. 
It's like Game of Thrones :)