or Connect

Posts by acslater017

Neat feature. Another example of Apple trying to improve people's everyday tasks with technology.    Can't help but wonder if this will precede some sort of NFC implementation in future hardware. 
It's like Game of Thrones :)
Wow, I guess when you don't understand someone else, you can always resort to insults (and completely irrelevant political references).    If a web page is designed to take up the device's width, making the iPhone wider will make the existing content larger, but show less content vertically since it is narrower. Imagine viewing a tall website like the New York Times in landscape mode. Either on iPhone 4S or "iPhone 5", it'll display the whole thing left to right. But...
Despite WWDC's overall emphasis on developers, programming, etc.the initial Monday morning keynote has often had a mix of software and hardware announcements. I could see a certain rhythm developing, however:   March - iPad June - WWDC: preview iOS + OS X, new Mac hardware September/October - iPhone, new iOS release   WWDC is a good time to announce new Macs - just in time for graduates, back to school, etc. It's also a crowd-pleaser for developers. Between...
Seems like they'll be doing both. Nothing's worse than trying to make sense of a map and it's got the hundreds of side streets and every freeway within 100 miles. I believed the patent called it a "Schematic" map. If Apple could pull off Schematics, 3D maps from C3, and turn-by-turn, that would be great. Integrate Siri with it ("Where's the nearest gas station along the way? OK, give me directions to that one.") would blow my mind.
Some notes of interest using some crude Photoshop guestimating:   1) It looks like this case is about the same width as the iPhone 4S. Using the headphone jack as a scale, the backplate is about 11.5 ports wide. Assuming they didn't radically redesign the headphone jack (5 mm diameter), this means that the backplate is about 58 mm wide. Nearly exactly the same as the 4S. If the new iPhone is any wider than the 4S, this backplate doesn't demonstrate it.    2)...
Yep, that's been the pattern. iOS announced, beta released nearly immediately. iPhone announced 3 months later, along with iOS release date. iOS released, iPhone released 2-3 days later. iOS releases and iPhone releases are in sync within a half a week or so.
I don't know if this leak is legitimate, but all of those complaints can be explained pretty easily. Let's not forget, when people saw the iPhone 4 leak, they all exclaimed "look at those un-Apple-like seams!". Now it's considered a classic that will have served Apple for 2 generations.    1) People pretty much accept scratches as incidental damage. When a glass back shatters, they go running to the nearest Apple Store.    2) Aluminum blocks electromagnetic signals (AKA...
The "if you see a stylus" quote is probably one of the most often skewed Steve quotes. In the context of his presentation, he was talking about the primary input method for the brand-new iPhone (2007). He was comparing it to the input methods of past smartphones, with scroll balls, physical keyboards, small screens, etc. So yes, I agree - if you need a stylus to interact with your phone, you've blown it.    That doesn't mean that Steve (or Apple) was adamantly...
Just FYI, the Samsung CEO's surname is Choi. His given name is gee sung.