or Connect

Posts by Mediaman

well it looks nice, but. It seams even less adjustable than the current displays. If Apple has another 'go' at the LCD's (not just a refresh), I would hope for a more adjustable stand. Sony used to do one that was fantastic, and then there is always the highly adjustable stands on the eyegonomic LCD's. or how about something like a mini iMac style stand. The 'easel' style stand on there at the moment is only rescued by the quality of the display, a new approach is required.
There is a fair amount of empty space between the Plastic and the Steal of the current case. They could keep the internal space and the door almost the same (well as similar as the Quicksilver and MDD's) but make it look much slimmer by molding the plastic to the steal (think of how the older ipod looked), make the handles match up and 'mold in' in a similar fashion (the handels are a neat solution to the 'feet' problem required by the side door). Doing it like this would...
It wasn't always like this. It was changed in the mid 80's because of the growing popularity of SKY (UK murdoc satellite) TV. Lots of people where buying 'presentation' CRT's (it's like a TV but without a tuner) and using them with a SKY decoder box, and so when the Licensing people came they claimed that they had no way of receiving BBC TV. There mistake was that when the BBC decided to take them to court, it was descoverd that they all had VCR's and portable TV's So thay...
There isn't anything inherantely wrong with carbs. The main reason why most of the auto industry moved over to injection in the mid 90's was emission laws & catalitic converters. A carb is esentially a mecanical device, that is very dificult to control via a computer, a injection system on the other hand relies on computer control. The computer is required to control the flow of gas in to the engine to make sure the exhaust gas doesn't damage the cat , the computer can...
What's so amazing is that if Apple came out with this, it would just be an evolution of there existing ideas, and would probably just seam like the obvious (if exciting) next step. Billy G. here is trailing this as a revolution of the PC, when it contains almost no original ideas. (even the phone thing could probably be done with some clever Apple script and bluetooth)
you could cut the Lighter end from this, if you want to mod some sort of direct car conection.
I have been doing a Video for my perent's over the past 2 days (I took time of work to get it done), I was up to fiting in the titles, some subtitles and putting on the iDVD markers. I come to open iMovie after lunch and it comes up with 'Your Project file is not readable' AGGG! I have searched Apples site and only came up with this on the 'unoficial' iMovie FAQ which I have tried but my file has non of there problems. anybody got any sugestions, or is it at least one...
Yep! seams to have been pulled . It must have been a special internal Apple only thing. Once thay discovered it had leaked (or that the server got hammered, this links all over the web) the plug was yanked.
Anyone know if this will be on CNN Europe? 2.30 PM EDT, that would make out like 7.30Pm UK time, right.
The problem I foresee with the camera to iPod idea is drivers. Image Capture curently requires 10 different sets of camera drivers (taking up 2.5 Mb on the HD), and Digital Cameras have been around how long. It's looking like for every 'evolution' these things make another set of drivers are required, and with the iPod being a niche (or even competing) product you would have to rely on Apple to relese a 'firmware' patch for every new camera that is released. For a product...