or Connect

Posts by Denton

If anything, Bing would be an acronym for "Bing is not Google," similar to other recursive acronyms such as Pine = "Pine is not Elm" and Gnu = "Gnu's not Unix."Edit: goddammit, bloodstains steals my thunder...
A little simplistic, don't you think? The article mentions researchers who are testing valid pharmacological uses for LSD. It may very well be that LSD, when administered in the correct circumstance and at the correct dosage, is actually beneficial! Daily insulin injections help millions of diabetics stay healthy. Insulin is a drug and it would be pretty hard to argue that insulin is bad for your body considering that a healthy body produces its own insulin. As with...
What you describe is monopolistic pricing. If we assume that the Touch is sold at a competitive price, then the competitive price for the iPhone is around $300 (for the 16GB model) and $400 (for the 32GB model). As you cannot buy an iPhone at those prices, the consumer is suffering. If it really does cost other companies $400 to $600 to produce an iPhone competitor, they should be driven out of business and replaced with other firms that are better able to compete. It...
Considering that it costs about $155 to make an iPod Touch (see here for instance), I find it difficult to understand why the unsubsidised price of an iPhone is not within $100 of the price of an iPod Touch (of the same memory capacity). Are iPhone prices high as a subsidy that allows iPod Touch prices to be lower? Or is there insufficient competition for the iPhone that allows Apple (and/or AT&T, Rogers, etc) to be able to charge monopolistic prices?
What I find odd is the price-comparison of the 16GB/32GB iPhone/Touch: 16GB iPhone (device only from Rogers) - 680 CAD 16GB iPod Touch - 330 CAD 32GB iPhone - 780 CAD 32GB Touch - 430 CAD The mark-up for the iPhone is 350 CAD in both cases. Does this make sense? What is the physical difference between the two devices? A chip to handle GSM transmission and one for GPS? Someone tell me there is more. If Apple were selling them, the iPhone would be closer to 530/630 CAD...
While I understand that the access to the battery and the hard drive is slightly more difficult on the new MBP as opposed to the old unibody MB or MBP, you seem to be exaggerating the difference.Here is a tear-down of the new MBP.Supposing that you know how to operate a philips-head screwdriver, you can gain access to the battery (which is not "hard-wired" as you claim, though you will need a special tri-wing screwdriver to remove it), the RAM is also easily accessible...
A pig in a cage on antibiotics.
Perhaps that would be true if they were getting random crashes on all programs, but that isn't what is described.
I guarantee that the majority of those 6 million windows downloads were people that neglected to de-select the "download Safari" option when updating to the new iTunes. Apple is far too pushy with their Safari browser: I don't have it on my computer, so why is the default option set for me to download and install Safari every time I update iTunes?
Why am I even talking to a guy that calls himself "shithead?"As mel said, you have not demonstrated that internal batteries are superior to external batteries for long flights. Outlets are not scarce -- not in airports and not on airplanes (even in coach). Anyone who travels a lot to foreign countries has adapters for different outlet types. I believe that the current iPhone has a 1500 mAh battery; you can find external batteries that are anywhere from 3200 mAh to 5000...