or Connect

Posts by bobborries

Oh My!       just looking for hidden visual clues
You know Steve Balmer?
I was waiting or this, Apple finally figured out how to do velocity right. It's amazing how the sensors work together to determine velocity (especially polyphonically) when your really just tapping on glass. There is another parameter that this article overlooks, "pressure sensitivity" determines how much pressure your finger is pressing down, velocity determines how hard you strike. Pressure comes in to play after you strike, allowing you to control a swell or vibrato in...
Sony = Great Hardware + Bad Software Apple = Good Hardware + Great Software   This is why Apple is successful, making the complex simple. not dumbing it down and removing features, it's about making options accessible without a steep learning curve. Apple helps creativity flow without a puzzle-like interface getting in the way.
What a difference a few inches makes.      
This from the company who gave us a brown Zune?  
Nice and shiny!
Just add it to the pile of failures  
Ballmer said he could retire in 2018 after his youngest kid started college, and won't allow his children to use google or Apple products... poor kids. I can't understand how a father wouldn't want the best for his children. Imagine his kid going to college with a Surface, he'd be the laughing-stock on campus.
No… NO! Say it aint so, Ballmer was the highest paid moron in the tech industry, His inept handling of Microsoft was a never ending source of entertainment. Now that he's leaving Microsoft has a chance to come back and that's bad or Apple and all of us who enjoy computing without crashes and headaches.   How the richest man in the world trusted this cow of technological stupidity to control MS is beyond me. Oh well at least we have a year of comedy left.        ...