or Connect

Posts by Rokcet Scientist

By sticking its connector in your machine's USB slot, and starting it up holding Command and some other key maybe? If it comes on a 4GB USB drive I would venture a guess that it apparently fits on one. Does it come on a 4GB USB drive?
Try Caffeine, it keeps your MBP's motherboard and HD awake (spinning), and prevents your screen from dimming. Also when you close the lid/screen. When you activate it (with one click in the menubar) it overrides your System Preferences settings (Energy Saver). It is toggled with a mini icon in the right hand side of your menubar. Convenient for when you e.g. need your MBP to do hours of rendering, or of uninterrupted up- or downloading large files, etc.: you can simply...
What are you charging your wall for? Is it a mobile wall?
Keep your shirt on, Mr.! Nobody said Acrobat doesn't run on OSX, only that it needs, and takes, considerable system resources to do so. That fact reflects first and foremost on the application's, that's Acrobat's, degree of leanness and sophistication – in this case the lack of such – instead of on OSX, but it is a fact of life nevertheless.Acrobat simply is a very mediocre and bloated piece of software.
But it IS relatively slow to start up/open. @ecs: Acrobat Pro is an even 'heavier', more complex application than Acrobat Reader. So it will be even slower. Is there a special reason why you would need Pro? The fact that you can install it doesn't automatically mean that it is the wise thing to do! Like e.g. you can install a big-block V8 in a Fiat 500 or a BMW Mini, but you'll have to leave the kids at home because there won't be enough room left for them! Which defeats...
Of course, people who never get out don't need underpants.
The absence of Flash on iOS is still a major hurdle for me. But if he wants to "get as complex as he wants" the user – and especially the tinkerer – is locked into iOS and Apple's apps on the iPad. The form factor and weight – =mobility – and the battery life and iOS user friendliness, however, will indeed make the iPad have the greatest appeal to the masses, old and young, imo.Right now I don't see either replacing my current 17" MBP/Nexus One combo for portability and...
The iPad 2 slugs it out with the Motorola Xoom. And the winner is...
I agree with Joe. Your battery seems in good shape, considering it's age and number of load cycles. Your battery does seem to have had a lot of load cycles, though. By comparison: I have an early 2009 MBP with a count of 192 load cycles... OTOH, the 'CoconutBattery' application that I use reports that my MBP is 146 months old. That's 12 YEARS! There weren't even MBP's back then!
Today many people have a computer at home, a computer at work, a mobile smartphone, and sometimes a laptop or tablet/iPad too. And there are many files you want to be able to access from whatever device or connection you happen to be on at that particular moment. Like personal documents, or photos and videos, or bookkeeping spreadsheets, or a customer database, etc. That need was sort of covered by USB sticks, in the last, say 5 years. But USB sticks kept being lost, or...