or Connect

Posts by Rokcet Scientist

M$ already have f**ked up with Windows 7, afaic: I ran Win7 for over a month, in fact until yesterday, and really tried to make it work. But it really sucks. Bad! The state-of-the-art security management that is Win7's premier claim to fame didn't give a peep when a W32 Trojan snuck in (within a week)! The UI is still contrived, unintuitive, and, well... a bit infantile TBH! Also Win7 doesn't work with trackpad gestures! It only accepts clicking. I was forced to resort to...
Start Disk Utility, select your dvBOX FireWire 800/400 USB2.0 eSATA in the left column and press the eject button.If that fails you may have to do a hard, physical disconnect: switch off the dvBOX FireWire 800/400 USB2.0 eSATA's power. Then the disconnect the wire. You'll get a 'Volume Removed without bla-bla' message. Click OK. In Disk Utility select your Mac's HD and repair permissions. Then restart your Mac! When your Mac is done restarting reconnect your dvBOX FireWire...
I think I found the culprit: Windows 7 running in VMware... Why am I not surprised? Well, I was fed up with it anyway, so I trashed the whole ff-ing virtual machine. And my trackpad works as smooth as butter again!
If you haven't backed up your FW drive before there is no backup file of that volume for Time Machine to add any incremental files to, palex. Time Machine needs to make that first backup. It cannot add anything to a backup set of another (your old, now deceased, internal) HD. With regard to your failed attempt: it could be that Time Machine only makes backups of (an) internal (Apple) HD(s) to (an) external (non-Apple) HD(s). And not from (an) external (non-Apple) HD(s) to...
That unfortunately is not an option when Safari freezes. Even less when it takes my whole Mac down with it...
Yes, I have that too.On MacOSX (MBP) Safari 4 is faster than FF, but it crashes or freezes too often. I prefer to trade that speed for the stability of Firefox 3.5 for the mo.Assuming you meant "RS": afaic it's my correctly spelled nick, WPLJ. I'm not a rocket scientist, you know!
Installed Firefox 3.5 on MacOSX and on Win7, on my MBP. Sofar, so good, but Safari 4 and Chrome are clearly faster, although Safari 4 also crashes or freezes occasionaly, requiring a hard restart, which FF doesn't/hasn't (yet). But FF displays another quirk: after some time browsing, my MBP's trackpad stops responding to all gestures except clicking, and I need to resort to using a mouse... I.o.w.: FF 3.5 is useless on laptops? That would be killing! Safari 4 hasn't...
No, that's not normal, soulhunter. My Safari 4 (on MacOSX, on a 17" MBP ['09; 4GB/320GB]) doesn't display that behavior.Have you restarted your machine (PC? Mac? Linux box?) yet?If that doesn't improve stuff I would UNinstall Safari, restart, install Safari (4) anew, restart again, and see if that works.
MacBook Pros already do, afaik. I'm on a 17" one now. Bought 3 months ago. With 4 Gigs standard. Goes like greased lightning.
I got a Software Update today, and that fixed it.Thank God.But I'm with antii: Safari 4 has already crashed or frozen about a dozen times on me now. Sometimes taking my whole Mac down with it, requiring a hard restart.That really p|sses me off.It's far below par performance for a major Mac app, from where I sit. And unheard of with Safaris 1, 2, and 3!Apple's patched Safari 4 a couple times already (sorry: "Software Update"). But it didn't make much of a difference, afaik....