or Connect

Posts by Rokcet Scientist

If Leopard can be installed on a Dell Mini 9 why wouldn't it be on this MBA wannabe?
If the successor to "OSX" were to be called "OSXI" it would be released in 2011. But I think that after "OSX" comes "OSY". But "OSY" will also just be a stepping stone of course. Subsequent "OSZ" (2020?) will involve a long distance wireless installation by neural programming, of the Braintop (the successor to the Desktop) and the Z/Finder into the frontal lobes. No hardware required anymore. Images, at Terapixel resolutions and 256Kfps, form directly in the central...
Cheers, guys. Turns out it's the other way around: I was accessing the internet via my neighbor's unprotected WiFi net. And it looks like he just came on too. However, if I can see him, then he can prolly see me...! But I don't think I can access him, or he me. Anyway, I've got everything buttoned down tight exactly for situations like this. I'll quickly head back to my own net... Thanks again.
Besides, Kris, it would be more convenient (to you too: a lot less work) if you gave respondents multiple choice answers to choose from. That'll infuse your market research with more structure.
Today I found a PC server sitting in my OSX' "Shared" folder, named "vhpzeilt001". It is visible only in 'column view'. It cannot be found using the Finder's Search function. I cannot see how big the file is. I cannot see where it sits on my harddisk. And, as you can see, it claims to have failed to make a connection. To me that also means it did TRY to make a connection. This thing worries me! Although it does not seem to be active, I don't trust that it REALLY...
If it doesn't fry your laptop's CPU this 'bug' – at 95ºC/200ºF – will cook your balls, Marvin! Plus the fan(s) make(s) a hell of a racket! That's a defective notebook! Manufacturer's error!
I just posted a warning about what sounds like this same problem and what I did about it. You may recognise some stuff.
And after erase, install, restore, update, repair, and check, don't forget to make a fresh backup!
OSX may fry your MacBook (Pro)! 'coreaudiod' apparently is a BSD process buried deep in root of OSX. You can see it in Activity Monitor. In some MacBooks and MacBook Pros coreaudiod gets unresponsive. That is not good for your sound! A deep system bug like this should be addressed poste haste by Apple! But it gets worse: In some of those MacBooks and MacBook Pros coreaudiod goes berserk when any app invokes any sound signal (like the Trash emptying): coreaudiod's CPU...
OSX may fry your MacBook (Pro)! 'coreaudiod' apparently is a BSD process buried deep in root of OSX. You can see it in Activity Monitor. In some MacBooks and MacBook Pros coreaudiod gets unresponsive. That is not good for your sound! A deep system bug like this should be addressed poste haste by Apple! But it gets worse: In some of those MacBooks and MacBook Pros coreaudiod goes berserk when any app invokes any sound signal (like the Trash emptying): coreaudiod's CPU...